PDA

View Full Version : Change in Now Playing menu behaviour?

cliveb
2006-11-02, 11:17
I recently updated my SlimServer to 6.5.0, and there seems to be a change in one of the menu behaviours.

Previously, if you were on the "Now Playing" item and hit right arrow, you arrived at a list of details about the currently playing track. One of the items in the list was the artist. You could then right arrow again from there to get to that artist's albums. This was very useful if you wanted to play something else by the same artist.

In 6.5.0, the artist appears to be missing from the list. Am I imagining things, or has something changed? Is there an option somewhere I can set to put the artist back into the list?

radish
2006-11-02, 11:30
There is a bug in 6.5.0 which prevents the Artist being displayed in the formatted title string in Now Playing if the track has Album Artist and Track Artist set but Compilation is not set. My guess is that you're seeing another effect of the same bug. It's supposed to be fixed in 6.5.1 but I haven't tested it personally.

cliveb
2006-11-02, 12:16
There is a bug in 6.5.0 which prevents the Artist being displayed in the formatted title string in Now Playing if the track has Album Artist and Track Artist set but Compilation is not set. My guess is that you're seeing another effect of the same bug. It's supposed to be fixed in 6.5.1 but I haven't tested it personally.
OK, thanks. I thought I was going mad! I can live with it for a while, and will wait until 6.5.1 is officially released.

My files just have the generic ARTIST tag, so I'm guessing that "album artist" and "track artist" are some sort of Slimserver thing, which it builds when scanning: is that so? (I never use "compilation" tags, even on various artist albums).

radish
2006-11-02, 14:28
My files just have the generic ARTIST tag, so I'm guessing that "album artist" and "track artist" are some sort of Slimserver thing, which it builds when scanning: is that so? (I never use "compilation" tags, even on various artist albums).

No - Album Artist is a seperate tag (I think it's TPE2 in ID3, and ALBUMARTIST in FLAC/Vorbis). If you don't have it set then it's possible (likely?) you're seeing a different bug.

rusty
2006-11-02, 15:39
I dont quite know whats going on either, I am having problems with my library contents not showing up for certain albums & having the squeezebox crash now and then. Wasnt having any issues at all when i was using the last software version. Anyone have idea when the next update is coming out cuz this isnt much fun?

Mitch Harding
2006-11-03, 21:01
I've seen a problem possibly related to this with 6.5.0:

I have some tracks with Compilation = Yes. Any such tracks will not show up
under an artist, even though my "compilation behavior" is to list
compilation albums with the artists.

I'll try 6.5.1 and see if it fixes it.

On 11/2/06, rusty <rusty.2go2on1162507201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> I dont quite know whats going on either, I am having problems with my
> library contents not showing up for certain albums & having the
> squeezebox crash now and then. Wasnt having any issues at all when i
> was using the last software version. Anyone have idea when the next
> update is coming out cuz this isnt much fun?
>
>
> --
> rusty
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> rusty's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1840
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=29321
>
>