PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP doesn't recognize Slimserver as player

Swannea
2006-10-31, 05:13
After a clean reinstall of slimserver (6.5.0) it doesn't show up in MusicIP's (1.7.1.)'send to' list of players anymore.

Any help appreciated.

cparker
2006-10-31, 05:56
After a clean reinstall of slimserver (6.5.0) it doesn't show up in MusicIP's (1.7.1.)'send to' list of players anymore.

Any help appreciated.

If you are running headless mode, ensure that you start the services in the correct order.

If you are using MusicIP as a GUI, then make sure that the API service is running which you will find under File->preferences->services

Swannea
2006-10-31, 06:07
Thanx, but I guess it must be something else since SS does recognize MIP (API service is running).

cparker
2006-10-31, 07:51
Thanx, but I guess it must be something else since SS does recognize MIP (API service is running).

Can you explain your setup, you might wish to try this thread which details how to configure MIP and SS to startup in the correct order.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=24457

Swannea
2006-11-01, 05:21
After enabling MIP, SS has spent the last night scanning my music without ever finishing, but came up with mm-icons which led to empty playlists.

OK, I set up MusicIP as a service as described in the thread.
Now in MusicIP preferences/services the services (API and UPnP checked)are not running (they were before). Pressing 'start' gives error msg: "unable to start server. try using another port" (default port 10002 is configured in SS and MIP).
Is this a consequence of running MIPas a service?

I also had a look at this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28308&page=2&highlight=musicip Starting MusicIP with with ..../musicmagicmixer.exe -slim gives me back the sent to Slimserver radiobutton but I'm not looking forward to starting MIP from the commandline everytime.

I see there are other threads (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=27631&page=2&highlight=musicip)with lotsa issues about SS/MIP integration so I'll just plod on..., unless somebody can enlighten me with a foolproof method.

My setup: WinXP, SS 6.5.0, MusicIP's 1.7.1.

cparker
2006-11-01, 08:50
Ok

I'll explain my setup and see if anything helps you.

Open up a browser to SS http://localhost:9000/
Home->Server Settings->Basic Settings
MusicMagic -> Use MusicMagic

Home->Server Settings->MusicMagic
MusicMagic HTTP Port-> 10002

The MusicIP GUI, when you start it up, shows all your music.

In the Preferences section, under General;
Archive Analysis when tracks are analysed
(This writes the fingerprints into the files and saves a lot of time, if you move files around the intelligence is in the file)

In the Preferences section, under Services;
Untick API, upnp, tivo
Services Port 10003 (NOTE 10003)
Just to be on the safe side, to ensure that the GUI and the headless modes do not collide with each other.

(If you ever use plugins like TrackStat they need to communicate with the GUI, so you would need to set them to talk with port 10003, and have the API ticked and the GUI open.)

Open a web browser to http://localhost:10002/server
This is the headless side of MusicIP, if you have added new tracks to your system or done any work with the GUI app. You will see the button Reload Cache, click that will update the headless with all the new information that was processed with the MusicIP GUI.
Type the start of a track that you know is in your music library and click search songs, it will return a result

Also http://localhost:10002/api/mix?
Will return a random mix, so you know everything is working fine on the MusicIP side.

Note that currently the headless mode doesnt have much functionality and any files that you analysis/scan with it the fingerprints are not saved into the files.

I just bring up the MusicIP GUI when I want to analysis files and work with them, you can then shutdown the GUI and everything will still work as SS talks with the headless.

If you had to change anything, its best to restart both services and then let them settle down. You should see the MM symbol next to your albums etc. and click on that should produce a new mix.

From the remote control/slimplayer, you can browse into albums and you should see the MM sign in the top right corner if you hold the play button down it will create a mix.

If you are still having problems try

Rescan Music Library -> Clear Library and Rescan everything.

In addition;

It might help to blank the Music Folder path and Playlist Folders, if you are getting random wierdness ;)

Hope something in there helps :)

Good Luck

dip
2006-11-01, 12:31
I have MusicIP running with SlimServer (both on Windows XP). I can create MusicMagic mixes in Slimserver by clicking on the "M" and also from my Squeezebox by pressing and holding PLAY on a file. But I am no able to send a mix from MusicIP to Slimserver as it should be possible (I read). If I select a mix in MusicIP and click on "Send to" then the mix is sent to Windows Mediaplayer. In the MusicIP settings I can only choose between "default player" and "Windows Mediaplayer". Slimserver is not shown as player which could be chosen.

What do I have to do that I can select Slimserver as player?

Dieter

cparker
2006-11-01, 15:04
I have MusicIP running with SlimServer (both on Windows XP). I can create MusicMagic mixes in Slimserver by clicking on the "M" and also from my Squeezebox by pressing and holding PLAY on a file. But I am no able to send a mix from MusicIP to Slimserver as it should be possible (I read). If I select a mix in MusicIP and click on "Send to" then the mix is sent to Windows Mediaplayer. In the MusicIP settings I can only choose between "default player" and "Windows Mediaplayer". Slimserver is not shown as player which could be chosen.

What do I have to do that I can select Slimserver as player?

Dieter

hmm not sure, try posting to the MusicIP forums. I dug up this thread, maybe something with the SS CLI?
http://forums.predixis.com/index.php?showtopic=2035&hl=slimserver

Sorry, cant really help, I used to find the problem on early versions of MusicIP, but now it just works for me with the latest release of MusicIP 1.7 build August 25, Premium version.

Swannea
2006-11-04, 02:11
@dip: this it what I found, it means starting MIP from the commandline though...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28308&page=2&highlight=musicip Starting MusicIP with with ..../musicmagicmixer.exe -slim gives me back the sent to Slimserver radiobutton

Swannea
2006-11-04, 06:38
OK, things seem to be working now., thanx to your advice.

Services Port 10003 (NOTE 10003)
Just to be on the safe side, to ensure that the GUI and the headless modes do not collide with each other.

OK, setting different ports in MIP and SS obviously solved a conflict.

(If you ever use plugins like TrackStat they need to communicate with the GUI, so you would need to set them to talk with port 10003, and have the API ticked and the GUI open.)

let me see if I get this right:
TRACKSTAT SETTINGS/MUSICIP MIXER SERVER PORT: 10003
Server Settings / MusicMagic / MUSICMAGIC HTTP PORT: 10002
(and port 10003 In MIP itself)
Right?

It might help to blank the Music Folder path and Playlist Folders, if you are getting random wierdness ;).

Do I understand correctly that because SS uses the MIP database it can do without these settings?
If so, and all updates to the DB are handled by MIP, does this do away with the need to scan in SS ? This would be very welcome, scanning with MIP goes much much faster than with SS.

Especially the need to do a complete rescan when adding new artwork sucks, but I don't suppose MIP can handle that for SS...

Thanx for your trouble!

Swannea
2006-11-04, 06:52
After the above (including complete rescan )mip functionality seems to be OK, but in SS the artwork doesn't show up anymore...