PDA

View Full Version : problems continue with 6.51

michaelch
2006-10-30, 05:51
I'm a long time user of slimserver. I tried the upgrade to 6.5 and found it buggy so I downgraded to 6.3. Thought I would give it another go. uninstalled and deleted everything and tried 6.5.1 - 10471 and a few other nightlies.
As bad as ever.
Most important the scanner keeps failing and then re-starts.
Other problems include inability to get music magic or mood logic going. Art work not showing in the gallery although it shows when playing.

This is what the log shows:

commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.
Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.
ERROR: DBD::mysql::db commit failed: Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.

ERROR: Backtrace follows:

Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Schema::throw_exception (/PerlApp/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 606)
frame 1: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (/PerlApp/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 241)
frame 2: (eval) (/PerlApp/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 233)
frame 3: Slim::Music::Import::setIsScanning (/PerlApp/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 152)
frame 4: Slim::Music::Import::launchScan (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Commands.pm line 1714)
frame 5: Slim::Control::Commands::rescanCommand (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1483)
frame 6: (eval) (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1483)
frame 7: Slim::Control::Request::execute (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 772)
frame 8: Slim::Control::Request::executeRequest (C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Plugins/MoodLogic/Plugin.pm line 194)
frame 9: Plugins::MoodLogic::Plugin::checker (/PerlApp/Slim/Utils/Timers.pm line 181)
frame 10: Slim::Utils::Timers::checkTimers (slimserver.pl line 495)
frame 11: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 35)
frame 12: PerlSvc::Startup (perlsvc.pl line 1482)
frame 13: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
frame 14: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

If anyone can shed light on the problem that would be brilliant.

slimpy
2006-10-30, 07:24
Have you downloaded 6.5 compatible plugins? Versions that worked with 6.3 will not work with 6.5
Try to run slimserver without any additional plugins. If this works add one plugin at a time. This way you can tell exactly if one of the plugins is causing the errors.

-s.

michaelch
2006-10-30, 07:37
I'm pretty sure I had only up to date plugins but just to make sure I disabled all plugins, rebooted etc and it made no difference. I still have exactly the same scanning problem with the same debug report.

slimpy
2006-10-30, 07:54
If it's the same debug output you still have MoodLogic enabled.
Disable and go from there.
Regarding artwork not showing up: Looking for artwork is the last step in the scanning process. If the scanner aborts prematurely no artwork is scanned.

-s.

michaelch
2006-10-30, 10:32
Thanks for the quick response.Here is the log file now.

Setup::rescan - initiating scan of type: [wipecache]
commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.
Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.
ERROR: DBD::mysql::db commit failed: Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.

ERROR: Backtrace follows:

Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Schema::throw_exception (/PerlApp/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 606)
frame 1: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (/PerlApp/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 241)
frame 2: (eval) (/PerlApp/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 233)
frame 3: Slim::Music::Import::setIsScanning (/PerlApp/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 152)
frame 4: Slim::Music::Import::launchScan (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Commands.pm line 1947)
frame 5: Slim::Control::Commands::wipecacheCommand (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1483)
frame 6: (eval) (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1483)
frame 7: Slim::Control::Request::execute (/PerlApp/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 772)
frame 8: Slim::Control::Request::executeRequest (/PerlApp/Slim/Web/Setup.pm line 1436)
frame 9: Slim::Web::Setup::__ANON__ (/PerlApp/Slim/Web/Setup.pm line 2906)
frame 10: Slim::Web::Setup::processChanges (/PerlApp/Slim/Web/Setup.pm line 2660)
frame 11: Slim::Web::Setup::setup_HTTP (/PerlApp/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 821)
frame 12: Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (/PerlApp/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 687)
frame 13: Slim::Web::HTTP::processURL (/PerlApp/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 533)
frame 14: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/PerlApp/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 238)
frame 15: Slim::Networking::Select::select (slimserver.pl line 492)
frame 16: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 35)
frame 17: PerlSvc::Startup (perlsvc.pl line 1482)
frame 18: PerlSvc::_startup (slimserver.pl line 0)
frame 19: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

ERROR: scanPathOrURL: No path or URL was requested!

michaelch
2006-11-01, 08:25
Found the solution myself. It was to delete all playlists and then rescan. Once this was done everything worked, scanner, artwork, musicmagic etc

kowen1
2006-12-23, 15:33
Thank you very much. I have been having problems with scanner.exe running at 99% CPU with the latest 6.51 release. I deleted my playlists and now it has returned to normal. In fact I don't even see scanner.exe any more. I recently moved my mp3 directory to another drive so all playlists contained invalid data, maybe this explains the problem with scanner.exe.
Anyway all working ok now.
Thanks
Keith