PDA

View Full Version : "titles" command is slow... and odd

ScottMayo
2006-10-29, 13:08
I send a "titles" command to get a list of available music, and then parse the url args. It works well enough, except... it sends duplicate entries. About 6% of what is in the reply is a url I've already seen...

Given how slow this command already is, the dups are annoying .. any hope of fixing this?

Fred
2006-10-30, 11:45
I do some function for Slimserver, and then read problems about them on the forum... except they are very partial descriptions. About 80% of bug reporters forget to indicate which version of the server they are using.

Given how arrogant the posters already are, their failures are annoying... Any hope of fixing this?

;->

What's your version number?
Is only the URL duplicated or the id and other info as well? What is the command your are sending ? Are the dups random or only for certain albums types (compilations, f.e.) ? Can you send a CLI output with a duplicate ?

Fred

ScottMayo
2006-11-01, 14:20
>Given how arrogant the posters already are, their failures are annoying... Any hope of fixing this? ;->

~laughs~ Yeah, I deserved that. And I work in software, so I know better, too...

SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 5987 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

I just send "titles 0 1000000 tags:u\n" and then build a big tree out of the urls, by parsing through the slashes. I *love* having all my music available in a Windows tree control (which is why, as noted in another email, sipping the list a few dozen entries at a time doesn't well work for me. I need it all to complete the tree anyway.) It's in building that tree that I notice and discard the duplicates.

I could send you the reply, but it's huge. Can I mail it to you? It's interesting that in the dups, the the ids don't match and the urls only match after re-parsing (and it's not obvious why they need to be reparsed anyway, but they do).

For D:\music\Nichole Nordeman\Woven & Spun

I get both:

id%3A1773 title%3AHoly url%3Afile%3A%2F%2F%2FD%3A%2Fmusic%2FNichole%2520N ordeman%2FWoven%2520%2526%2520Spun%2F01-Holy.flac
id%3A1010 title%3AHoly url%3Afile%3A%2F%2F%2FD%3A%2Fmusic%2FNichole%2520N ordeman%2FWoven%2520%26%2520Spun%2F01-Holy.flac

in the same response (in fact they were adjacent in the reply).

Fred
2006-11-02, 13:13
6.2.2 is like, very old :)

We made a lot of speed improvement in 6.5 for titles, maybe you can give it a try?

Re. duplicates, it looks like the CLI is simply reporting what the backend has. You should be able to find the song twice in the web interface as well, no?

I'd really recommend you upgrade your server to a more recent version. You know how that is in software. I don't even think we still have the 6.2.2 tag in SVN...

HTH

Fred

ScottMayo
2006-11-03, 12:23
Thanks - it doesn't seem to be any faster, but the dups are gone.

By the way - the update (and related firmware update) reset the volume setting to Max, without warning. I hit play and got a very nasty surprise. Get the word out: don't EVER do that again. I have expensive speakers; SlimDevices very nearly got to pay for their replacements.

Ben Sandee
2006-11-03, 13:54
On 11/3/06, ScottMayo <
ScottMayo.2gpobn1162581901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
> I have expensive
> speakers; SlimDevices very nearly got to pay for their replacements.

LOL, LogiSlim may have deeper pockets but good luck trying to collect on
that.