PDA

View Full Version : Can Transporter source be selected from the web interface?

JJZolx
2006-10-29, 12:42
If not, is anything like this planned? Was considering using the DAC with my CD transport, but I avoid the remote interface like the plague. I find using the remote UI for anything beyond changing display size and brightness to be pretty tedious.

Or, does the Transporter have the ability to autoswitch between sources based on whether it sees an incoming signal on one of the digital inputs?

radish
2006-10-29, 15:02
There certainly isn't autosensing, although I imagine it could be added in a firmware change. The plugin that allows input switching doesn't seem to have a web component at the moment (that I can find) but again I wouldn't imagine it would be a difficult thing to add.

kdf
2006-10-29, 15:59
On 29-Oct-06, at 2:02 PM, radish wrote:
>
> seem to have a web component at the moment (that I can find) but again

Plugins/DigitalInput/Plugin/webPages()
Plugins/DigitalInput/HTML/

an option should appear in the browse list if you have a transporter.

-kdf

radish
2006-10-29, 16:23
On 29-Oct-06, at 2:02 PM, radish wrote:
>
> seem to have a web component at the moment (that I can find) but again

Plugins/DigitalInput/Plugin/webPages()
Plugins/DigitalInput/HTML/

an option should appear in the browse list if you have a transporter.

-kdf

Ahhh thankyou - I was looking in the wrong place! You're right - it does come up under "Browse" in the web interface, not in the settings area as I was expecting. It also only appears if you have a Transporter selected as the current player, which is clever but a little surprising for me as I'm used to only having the right hand pane change depending on the player.

JJZolx
2006-11-02, 15:19
Ahhh thankyou - I was looking in the wrong place! You're right - it does come up under "Browse" in the web interface, not in the settings area as I was expecting. It also only appears if you have a Transporter selected as the current player, which is clever but a little surprising for me as I'm used to only having the right hand pane change depending on the player.
Yeah, that's pretty odd compared with any other player specific settings.

Why is it that you lose your playlist when switching inputs? Seems kinda clunky to treat the physical inputs as playlist items.