PDA

View Full Version : help

Tombolino
2006-10-29, 08:23
Hi

Yesterday, Squeezebox was working fine

Today, when it turn on, it says connecting to server and then blacks off and nothing happens

Internet connection working and so does router

any suggests?

tomjtx
2006-10-29, 08:56
Hi

Today, when it turn on, it says connecting to server and then blacks off and nothing happens

any suggests?

That happened once to me. Try shutting down SS on your computer and then re start it

BigEars
2006-10-29, 09:31
Hi

any suggests?

Forgive me if you already knew this but...

If Slimserver was set to player 'off' when you last disconnected, then immediately it connects it will switch off the Squeezebox. Just press the power button again and you are back up.

danco
2006-10-29, 09:34
You don't mention your OS, your version of SlimServer, and whether the SB is wired or wireless. This is always worth mentioning, as it may affect the solution and also may help in tracking any bugs.

What I do when this occurs (which it does fairly often after a long period asleep) is to hold down the Power button,which gets into the Setup menus. I don't go through all the setup procedure, but press the Up button, which gets to "Connect to 192.168.1.12" (in my case) and pressing the Right button then makes a connection.

There's also the possibility (which hasn't affected me) of your router having changed the address of the computer. In which case the short-term solution is to go through all the setup procedure again, and the long-term solution would be to give your computer a static address (details of how to do this will depend on your OS and router).

Amauta
2006-10-29, 09:55
Can you access the web interface? Maybe the slimserver.conf file is corrupt, or slimserver is blocking all access to itself. I mean, there is an option in the slimserver/security settings to block not alowed ip's. Deleting the slimserver.conf file should help, but you have to do all configuration again.

Regards...