PDA

View Full Version : Player signal strength disappeared after server SW update

lenni
2006-10-29, 06:47
Hello,

Just updated the latest official server SW to 6.5. I'm using SB3 player. Everything went well, also SB3 SW update, but now I can't find anynore Signal strength in the player in the Information section. In the past it was there showing the actual value. Have I missed something?

Lenni

lenni
2006-10-29, 07:41
Hello,

I got it back

I noticed, that the sentence in "Player signal strength" is in my language version so long, that the %-value doesn't fit in the display screen in one row by using medium font size as before. When I occasionally changed the font to the smallest, then all the words + % value is visible.

So I have to find the language translation and to shorten the text for this sentence, I hope it is possible.

Lenni

ceejay
2006-10-29, 09:31
Have a look in Slimserver/server/strings.txt, it should be in there. If you are using Windows, open it with Wordpad rather than Notepad.

If you make a better translation for this or other messages, don't forget to keep a copy of the file so that next time you upgrade your changes don't get wiped out. Better still, raise an enhancement in bugzilla with your new translation attached.

HTH
Ceejay

lenni
2006-10-29, 10:15
OK,

Thanks for your advice

Regards
Lenni