PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox hangs a short while after being left in an off state (6.5.1)

george_k
2006-10-24, 15:51
I thought this problem was specific to me and me alone but I was speaking with a buddy today and he is getting the same problem.

Upon finishing with my listening and powering off the unit (red button on the control) I'll come back to it after a period of time (usually half a day as I'm away at work) only to see that the screen is blacked-out (like as if the unit was unplugged)

What I do to fix it is press "left" on the remote and then "right" so that it re-detects the network and then all is good again until the problem happens again.

This wasn't the case with 6.3.1. I'm presently running 6.5.0 on an XP-based system

Anybody experiencing something similar?

kdf
2006-10-24, 16:04
What screensaver do you have set for the player when it is off?

danco
2006-10-24, 18:42
Yes.

I use Mac OS 10.4.8.

I think I had the problem with 6.3 but not with 6.2.

I tend to fix it by holding the power key (I didn't know about pressing the left key) to get to Set Up Networking, then the Up key which gets me to Connect to 192.168.1.12 and then Right gives the connection.

Definitely NOT a screen saver issue - my screensaver is set to date and time for power off. If I just press Power I get the message Waking up SlimServer, Connecting to SlimServer and then the screen goes black again. This is obviously wrong, as the machine running SlimServer is already awake.

It may be the network (I use Airport Extreme in a main and remote configuration) that needs to be woken up if the computer is asleep for a long time - it doesn't happen if the computer has only been asleep for a short time. On the other hand, this did not happen with older SlimServer versions.

george_k
2006-10-24, 19:10
kdf,

Good question, I'm using the weathertime plugin from (http://inside.glnetworks.de/). I don't think it's to blame as I was using this same plugin before with 6.3.1

kdf
2006-10-24, 19:38
On 24-Oct-06, at 7:10 PM, george_k wrote:

>
> kdf,
>
> Good question, I'm using the weathertime plugin from
> (http://inside.glnetworks.de/). I don't think it's to blame as I was
> using this same plugin before with 6.3.1
>
It may be. Most plugins need an update when moving to 6.5 (in this
case, the display code has changed a lot)
The author has posted more recent versions, so you should give that a
try.
-kdf

george_k
2006-10-25, 05:41
I did update to the more recent version to fix the display issue

I noticed a similar thread today "6.5 service stops sporadically" so it would seem I'm not the only one experiencing this problem