PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Owners - Setup suggestions

jeffluckett
2006-10-23, 18:00
I just purchased a Harmony 688 and am quite happy to have been able to stow MOST of my collection of remotes.

However I haven't been able to put the Slim remote away just yet as I've noticed the default profile they have for Squeezebox is rather ... screwy.

Please share how you have configured your Harmony remote to work with your SB.

radish
2006-10-23, 18:02
Can you elaborate as to what's "screwy"? I've remapped some of the buttons but that's about it.

jeffluckett
2006-10-23, 18:13
Can you elaborate as to what's "screwy"? I've remapped some of the buttons but that's about it.

Ok ... the basic buttons are pretty much ok. I've remapped and added a few so I don't quite recall the original setup, it was ok but less than optimal.

The soft buttons on the other hand are rather odd...

LED?? What's that?

Then the Album, Artist, Song soft buttons seem to have zero effect at all.

I guess I could just delete them off the profile, but I'm wondering if someone's figured out how to make use of them. Do I need some plugin for SS? Do I need to be on a particular menu to make them work?

I guess I'm also looking to hear about how people might have mapped or remapped the "hard" buttons to be a little more intuitive or useful to them.

Keep in mind, I'm not complaining at all about the Harmony. Quite the opposite, I am quite happy with it, just looking for some user experience on how to get the most out of it.

Relayer35
2006-10-23, 20:37
LED is the brightness control I think. I have a Harmony 880 (which I've had to return to Logitech twice- I hope this isn't the same quality that future Slimdevices products provide now that they are owned by Logitech!) I had no problem setting up the Squeezebox with the harmony. I just remapped a couple things. Really, it comes down to what works best for you.

radish
2006-10-23, 21:16
Yes, LED is brightness. I then mapped "Info" to Now Playing, "+" to Add and had softkeys set to Size, Brightness, Now Playing & Shuffle. I don't think I tried getting the Album/Artist etc buttons working.

smc2911
2006-10-24, 03:30
I mapped "Guide" to search, the ch + (on the right hand side) to add and - to Now Playing (that one's a little counter-intuitive, but it's in a handy spot.

SteveEast
2006-10-24, 06:13
Enter to Add. + and - to Next and Prev Track. Then a bunch of soft keys.

Steve.

golu
2006-10-25, 14:28
Anyone figured out how to make the "Albums", "Artists", etc work. I remember reading somewhere that using some other codes (like Zenith) will do the trick. But don't know how to do that.

Thanx

_Golu.