PDA

View Full Version : "No Genre" bug?



Andy Foulke
2003-12-10, 11:46
I've found that happening in my collection, and when I investigate the songs
that happens to, the tags are not quite right.

If you use a tagging utility that generates ID3v1 tags, and copies the ID3v1 tag
to ID3v2, the TCON (content) tag will have a number in parens preceding it.
Example: ID3v1 tag = 'Jazz', copies to ID3v2 as something like '(83) Jazz'.
Perhaps this is normal and part of the ID3v2 standard, but the Perl module that
SlimServer uses doesn't like it.

Use an ID3 tag editor that writes what you want directly to the TCON tag,
without those parens. I use the command line utility id3v2 on Linux, and it
works like this:

id3v2 --TCON=Jazz blah.mp3

and my genres are OK now.

-Andy

> Is there a bug which causes the currently playing playlist (album) to
> appear in 'browse by genre' as being in the "No Genre" genre?
>
> coyote

ron 'coyote' lussier
2003-12-10, 14:14
On Dec 10, 2003, at 10:46 AM, Andy Foulke wrote:

> I've found that happening in my collection, and when I investigate the
> songs
> that happens to, the tags are not quite right.

I'm using iTunes and my files are 192kbps AAC files. I have the latest
version of LAME installed. Also, the tunes that appear in the 'No
Genre' list change depending on what I've played most recently.
Because of these reasons, I expect that it's not a tag problem.

coyote

--- , /),
(( -.((_)) _,) Joyous Solstice!
,\`.' `-','
`.> (,-
,', `._,)
ron lussier / lenscraft (( ) (`--' fine art
photography
67 crescent avenue `'( ) _ _,-.\
sausalito / ca 94965 /,' \( ) `'
http://lenscraft.com/
(( `\
`