PDA

View Full Version : Has "Multiple Items In Tags" behaviour changed recently?



Brian Ritchie
2006-10-22, 15:46
I have the "Multiple Items in Tags" option set to "/". In 6.2.2, this worked; in 6.5.1, it doesn't. For example, albums tagged with Artist value "Budd, Harold / Eno, Brian" no longer appear under each artist separately.

When I upgraded to 6.5.0, the Multiple Items option was reset (to empty); I tried setting it to "/;", hoping that it would also pick up a few albums where semicolon has been used. When that didn't work, I changed it to "/" alone. But this doesn't work either.

Am I misunderstanding how it's meant to work?
What is supposed to happen if I set the option to "/;"? Would SS only split things like "Budd/;Eno", or would it split both "Budd/Eno" and "Budd;Eno"?
Could the space I'm putting around the "/" in the tags be causing problems?

-- Brian

ceejay
2006-10-23, 00:34
There have been some changes in this area recently (mostly for the better!) and all I can say is that it works for me!

Trying to be a bit more helpful, though...

I use the ; character ... I don't know for sure, but its possible that / , having special properties in some cases, might not be liked any more. [And btw you could do a batch change of your entire library in less than 5 minutes using mp3tag if you had to].

However someone else around here did, I think, report that having spaces either side of their separator caused them a problem, you should certainly try removing it for a few.

Again, if this is the problem, I'm sure mp3tag would do a batch fix for you.

HTH
Ceejay

azinck3
2006-10-24, 06:25
I have the "Multiple Items in Tags" option set to "/". In 6.2.2, this worked; in 6.5.1, it doesn't. For example, albums tagged with Artist value "Budd, Harold / Eno, Brian" no longer appear under each artist separately.


I'll add that I've been having the same trouble with virtually all the version 6 builds (frankly, I didn't pay close enough attention to exactly when the problem arose, but I've used 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, and 6.5 and I think I've seen it with all of them). I ran 5.x builds for a couple of years with no troubles. I use " / " as my delimiter. I've been thinking I should just go and use a different delimiter but haven't gotten around to it...