PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Freezes During Playback

alderash
2006-10-22, 05:54
Hello,

I am having difficulties streaming music. It seems that maybe 4 or 5 songs will play fine, and then then the Squeezebox will just freeze and all music stops. After manually selecting a new song to begin playing again, the SB will again freeze after several songs.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Brad

alderash
2006-10-22, 07:20
I suppose some basic info would help:

I have a SB3 using a wireless connection. The router is a D-Link DI-524, and my OS is XP. SlimServer version is 6.3.1. My computer has 1.59 GHz with 512 MB of RAM.

Is there any other info that would help pinpoint the issue?

Thank you

radish
2006-10-22, 19:03
I remember some issues regarding freezing in some situations with 6.3. I'd try 6.5 and see how that is.

tomjtx
2006-10-22, 20:28
I suppose some basic info would help:

I have a SB3 using a wireless connection. The router is a D-Link DI-524, and my OS is XP. SlimServer version is 6.3.1. My computer has 1.59 GHz with 512 MB of RAM.

Is there any other info that would help pinpoint the issue?

Thank you

I had 512 MB RAM and SS slowed down the computer I now have 1 gig and everything is fine...................could that be your problem?

alderash
2006-10-23, 02:51
I had 512 MB RAM and SS slowed down the computer I now have 1 gig and everything is fine...................could that be your problem?
Well, I have double the recommended amount of RAM needed, so I would hope that's not it. You can always use more memory, but whether or not adding more would correct the problem, I don't know.

Very frustrating!

Thanks

mherger
2006-10-23, 03:03
> Well, I have double the recommended amount of RAM needed, so I would
> hope that's not it.

This depends on what else you're running on that machine. Look at your
taskmanager: how much memory is left? What other big suckers are you
running?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

alderash
2006-10-23, 03:24
This depends on what else you're running on that machine. Look at your taskmanager: how much memory is left? What other big suckers are you running?
I generally don't run any other big applications when using the Squeezebox, and my CPU Usage averages around 4% with occasional spikes up to 13%.

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-23, 05:34
Go to Help - Server & Network Health* and enable performance monitoring, then play songs until it freezes. What is the output?

* this is in 6.5.0, I can't remember where it was in 6.3.1. Plugins?