PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista and Slim Devices

Timbo
2006-10-22, 05:11
Just thought I would post this link - found whilst checking out Vista - seems that Roku is there again with the branding and the 'Play for sure' tag...

...perhaps Logitech will get the lovely Squeezebox in front of more people who just want to access their music quickly and easily and without all techie stuff getting in the way :-)

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windowsvista/experiences/nextgenplayer.mspx

autopilot
2006-10-22, 08:11
Yes, but the Roku is basically just a hardware frontend for Windows Media Player, and we all know how limited and rubish WMP is. I would rather stick to SlimServer any day.

That said, one of the things i would like to come out of the Logitech deal is support for this kind DRM though.

mkozlows
2006-10-22, 09:21
Yes, but the Roku is basically just a hardware frontend for Windows Media Player

No, it's a UPNP client that hooks up with Windows Media Connect (which is not the same thing as Windows Media Player at all).

That said, one of the things i would like to come out of the Logitech deal is support for this kind DRM though.

Sort of bad timing that way, considering what the whole Zune thing does to PlaysForSure.