Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ncpl
    • Jul 2006

Remote Streaming issues

I have recently been streaming mp3 from SS to myself at work. That works fine generally but I have noticed 2 issues:-

1) Random play - if I select the 'work player' on the top right of SS and try and add or play a random song list in that player it keeps switching back to the 'home player' and adds the songs to that player instead of the 'work' player. It only seems to do this with random and playing a single track or album is fine.
    Might this be a bug ?

2) when I have been streaming to work, the SS homepage and SB don't seem to behave themselves when I get home and try to use the system. I find I have re-boot the pc to get it back. Issues are no playback on the SB and the :9000 page refuses to open.

Any thoughts welcome.
  • vacaboca
    • Dec 2005

I had the 'adding to wrong player' problem for a long time... I always use the Fishbone skin, and I believe it's a bug that was fixed at some point. Make sure to clear your browser cache, and try updating to the most recent nightly build... which server version are you on?

I stream to my office (just over the internet, no ssh or anything) more than I listen to my squeezebox (stupid job!), I've never had any problems when I got home, though.

Comment

• ncpl
      • Jul 2006

Cache

Thanks..

SS version is

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10145 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

I'll try a cache clear on the SS PC next time it happens.

Comment

• JJZolx
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ncpl
        I have recently been streaming mp3 from SS to myself at work. That works fine generally but I have noticed 2 issues:-

1) Random play - if I select the 'work player' on the top right of SS and try and add or play a random song list in that player it keeps switching back to the 'home player' and adds the songs to that player instead of the 'work' player. It only seems to do this with random and playing a single track or album is fine.
        Might this be a bug ?

2) when I have been streaming to work, the SS homepage and SB don't seem to behave themselves when I get home and try to use the system. I find I have re-boot the pc to get it back. Issues are no playback on the SB and the :9000 page refuses to open.
        #1 is a bug that has been fixed in 6.5.1.

Download the latest 6.5.1 nightly from:

Enhance your Logitech devices with Logi Options Plus software. Customize settings, create shortcuts, and increase productivity. Download now for free.

Comment

Working...