PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Tombolino
2006-10-17, 05:44
Squeeze was working fine for weeks. Seems to work and operate but no sound out of speakers. Speakers are well connected because I hear music ok when in TUNER mode. Squeeze is connecteded and seems to play but no sound. I have tried all the modes on the stereo.

COuld I have messed something up in the computer where the Slim software is?

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-17, 05:50
When you say "Squeeze", do you mean the Squeezebox or Softsqueeze?

Have you checked the volume on the player? Under certain situations it can get reset to 0.

Does the player visualizer activate, i.e. do you see the spectrum analyzer, VU meter, etc?

Tombolino
2006-10-17, 05:53
Yes I mean Squeezbox. I have turned up the volume with the Squeeze remote but havent looked at the spectrum. How do I access that again?

Heuer
2006-10-17, 06:01
Check you have not changed the player volume setting in Slimserver and check the volume using the SB3 remote control is at maximum.

The SS adjustment is a secondary one (over and above the one using the remote) under Player>Audio>Pre-Amp Volume Control - it should read 0 for maximum volume, 63.0 for minimum volume (off). This is used to cap volume levels for certain pre-amplifiers or Hi-Fi's.

Tombolino
2006-10-17, 06:09
thanks the map you provide to find the server, is that on Mac?

Thats what I have

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-17, 06:14
Yes, the preamp volume control is in the same place for every platform of SlimServer.

What happens when you press PLAY on the remote? Does a press of NOW PLAYING show a track with the time counting up and the progress bar slowly filling in?

Tombolino
2006-10-17, 06:23
On the unit itself it shows playing and it will change songs or albums, everything seems to work

Progress bar.......in the unit?

Im not home right now BTW

Tombolino
2006-10-17, 06:23
Will I have to reinstall eveythitng if I do a simple disconnect of the unit?

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-17, 06:26
Will I have to reinstall eveythitng if I do a simple disconnect of the unit?

No, the settings are retained in non-volatile memory and other settings are stored in SlimServer.

When you get home, reprogram Xilinx. Unplug it, press and hold "1" on the remote and plug it back in again while holding "1".

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-17, 06:27
Progress bar.......in the unit?

Yes, on the player display. You should also have a timer counting up.

luga00
2006-10-17, 06:49
Also, are you using the analogue or digital outputs from the Squeezebox? And are they going into an amp? When you say 'tuner mode'do you mean the tuner mode of your amp or internet radio on the squeezebox?