PDA

View Full Version : Wierd: mixed up bits of streams

awy
2006-10-16, 11:17
So, it goes like this:

Last night, I was listening to a mix of various tracks, playing across two synchronized SoftSqueeze instances. Before I went to bed, I pressed "Stop" via the web interface.

This morning I used AlienBBC to play Radio4 for a few minutes before going to work. I do not really remember if there were any odd effects at that time. Again, I pressed "Stop" via the web interface before leaving.

This evening I started up Radio4 again. Before the radio stream starts up I get several seconds of the last track which had been playing last night. So far, so wierd.

But, over the past hour or so, every 10 to 15 minutes, I get anoter burst of that track from last night, 1-5 s or so. What on earth is going on?

radish
2006-10-16, 12:49
Sounds like an unflushed buffer somewhere, and I'd guess in softsqueeze simply because if it were in slimserver I'd have expected to hear more about it! Can you confirm the versions & platform you're running?

awy
2006-10-16, 14:29
SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Linux - EN - utf8 with associated SoftSqueeze version running on FC5 Linux.

radish
2006-10-16, 14:32
Is it still doing it? Does quitting/restarting softsqueeze fix it? What about stopping/restarting the server?

awy
2006-10-18, 01:45
"Still doing it?" Not sure, certainly not in quite the same way. Last night I think I got one such incident. As yet, I have not restarted anything. Even if I did, I'm not sure how I'd isolate the cause as it is not consistent or repeatable on demand. I'll keep an eye on things and try and build up a journal of incidents in an attempt to narrow the field.