PDA

View Full Version : Artist search produces 'empty' playlist

luga00
2006-10-16, 03:29
After doing an artist search in 6.5 the artist that it finds is displayed (as you'd expect). However, if one then cursors right to see the all the tracks by that artist the list is 'empty'. However, I can still play this empty playist and sure enough track advance (FF) goes through each track that I would have expected to be in the playlist.
Does anyone know if a bug has been raised for this issue? I notice there is a similar bug for LazySearch but I'm not using that plug-in.
Russ

cmaskelyne
2006-10-16, 03:57
I have a similar thread running at present where some of the albums have disapeared - I have found mine under Web / MP3's which is where the tracks are stored:

h:\web\mp3's\depeche mode (etc)

I think that it is taking the first two directories and using these rather than starting at the right point. I assume as a large number of my tracks do appear that it is only doing this where the tag is no good.

SadGamerGeek
2006-10-16, 05:29
This sounds like it might be related to the bug I raised:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4238

I did originaly post a thread about it assuming it was a LazySearch bug. Stuart (LazySearch creator) was incredibly helpful in investigating this, and very quickly proved that it was a bug in SlimServer itself, not the plugin.

I've updated to the latest 6.5.1 nightly a few times, and I've found it has gone away as of 6.5_v2006-10-13.

luga00
2006-10-16, 06:18
Thanks for the replies. I'll give the nightly a go and see if it's fixed.
r

SadGamerGeek
2006-10-16, 07:13
Thanks for the replies. I'll give the nightly a go and see if it's fixed.
r

It'd be good if you could report back on that. I'm interested to know if I just got lucky!

luga00
2006-10-17, 01:04
Downloaded the 16/10 nightly and.. it works up to a point.

In fact it only seems to work for album artists.

If I do a search for 'John Smith', for example, it finds the artist and a right cursor will now show all the relevant albums but only if 'John Smith' is the *Album Artist*. If 'John Smith' is on a compilation album, then the album is not shown in the list.

If 'John Smith' is *only* featured on a compilation album then the playlist is marked 'Empty' as before.

I've now submitted a bug for this.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4386

Russ