PDA

View Full Version : slim.exe @ 172MB

jeffluckett
2006-10-13, 14:44
Is it normal for SlimServer to be running at about 170MB Ram? This seems horribly excessive, and is impacting system performance.

I'm running 6.5.0 on Win2k3, there are no scans going on, and only one player connected.

JJZolx
2006-10-13, 15:47
Is it normal for SlimServer to be running at about 170MB Ram? This seems horribly excessive, and is impacting system performance.

I'm running 6.5.0 on Win2k3, there are no scans going on, and only one player connected.
It's not normal, but it's also probably not that unusual either. Mine is currently at 110MB. I notice that it will go up over time, then back down, but the longer it runs (say for days) the higher the memory usage goes.

What plugins do you have running? Minimizing these will help keep the memory footprint low. It may even be that a 3rd party plugin is the main reason why the memory use is so high.

Restarting the SlimServer service should reset the memory back to the minimum. You can do this manually from the Services applet or you can even schedule it to restart in the middle of the night by using the Windows scheduler to run a batch file that looks like this:

@echo off
::
:: Restart the SlimServer service
::
net stop slimsvc
net start slimsvc