PDA

View Full Version : Scan of cue + image missing last song

TimothyB
2006-10-12, 14:39
I use .FLAC images + .cue files.

For some reason, when SlimServer scans the attached .cue file, the last song doesn't make it into the database.

I think there's a bug, unless SlimServer rejects on artistic grounds Leonard Nimoy singing "If I Had A Hammer". What can I do to debug/solve this?

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10266 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.1.100
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Thanks,

-- Timothy

ocococ
2007-12-16, 06:10
It took me quite a long time to understand that I had the exact same problem with about 160 songs among my 8000.

Now, I'm sure of it, there is still a annoying bug here in version 6.5.4.

Ocococ

ocococ
2007-12-16, 10:18
I modified Slim/Formats/PlayLists/CUE.pm from 6.5.4 version.

My 3 blocks of modifications start by
# begin ocococ
and end by
# end ocococ

I just tried it with my .cue files that didn't work.
Now it seems to work even if I can't be sure right now whether I added other bugs or not.

Hope this helps !
Ocococ

PS: For information, same bug still exists in slimserver 7.0.

TimothyB
2007-12-16, 14:30
I'm running 6.5.4 (12568) and it's working for me right now. I'm currently running SlimServer on Ubuntu, but I also had it working on Windows XP.

I don't recall what I did to fix the problem. The cue I posted in this thread is identical to the one I'm currently using, so that wasn't it.

I'm using FLAC 1.14 and my command for compressing the .wav images is:

c:\bin\encode\flac --delete-input-file --verify --best --replay-gain --cuesheet="%@left[-3,%@unquote[%1]]cue" "%@unquote[%1]"

(The funny %@ things are macros in the 4NT command shell.)

Okay, I was just looking at my script for encoding the flac files and it seems that after using the above command I then do a:

c:\bin\encode\metaflac --remove --block-type=CUESHEET "%@name[%ff].flac"

I must have added that to work around some bug in SlimServer.

-- T

TimothyB
2007-12-16, 14:55
Sorry - it's early for me - I didn't realize at first you'd included a patch to fix the problem. Thanks for doing that.

I'm not much of a Perl hacker, but if I changed the line in that file reading:

$line =~ /^(?:\s+REM )?\s*(TITLE|YEAR|GENRE|COMMENT|COMPOSER|CONDUCTOR| BAND|DISC|DISCC)\s+\"(.*)\"/i) {

to read

$line =~ /^(?:\s+REM )?\s*(TITLE|YEAR|GENRE|COMMENT|COMPOSER|CONDUCTOR| BAND|DISC|DISCC|ALBUMSORT|ARTISTSORT)\s+\"(.*)\"/i) {

Would that let me put ALBUMSORT and ARTISTSORT tags into the .cue sheet and have them work?

If so that would give me my main wishlist items for SlimServer.

-- T

ocococ
2007-12-16, 15:45
I've never used ALBUMSORT or ARTISTSORT tags but I think the cuesheet parsing should work if you
- add ALBUMSORT & ARTISTSORT keywords to the line just below
'# Merge in file level attributes'
- are extremely cautious to not forget mandatory quotes :
REM ARTISTSORT "lastname, firstname"

Then activating d_parse debug option should dump theses tags in scanner.log after a new scan of your music files.

Nevertheless, I really can't say whether these tags will then be handled by slimserver.

Ocococ