PDA

View Full Version : phantom tracks reappearing

jeffluckett
2006-10-10, 14:53
I have been going through my music library and clearing out the 'crap' that's accumulated after about 8 years of collecting digital music. (Low bitrate stuff, partial songs, "why did I download that?", etc...) I've also done quite a bit of moving tracks around, since I've got a lot of folders like "Beatles", and "Beatles,The" ... depending upon varous tagging apps I've used over time.

Well after a marathon session with the "Delete" and cut/paste keys, I told SlimServer do a Clear and Rescan ... twice. However, on completion of the scan both times ... it still thinks some of the things I deleted or moved are in the old locations! In some cases, whole directories have been completely deleted by me ... but SS thinks they're still there.

What do I need to do to get SlimServer to REALLY forget about everything it knew about my library and load it all fresh?

I'm using 6.5.0 on Win2k3.

radish
2006-10-10, 16:06
Do you have any playlists referencing the deleted files? If so, Slimserver will read them and assume the tracks exist, and add them to the DB.

jeffluckett
2006-10-10, 16:11
Do you have any playlists referencing the deleted files? If so, Slimserver will read them and assume the tracks exist, and add them to the DB.

Ah, I think I found it .. thanks. It was MusicMagic ... I had to tell the MusicMagic server to reload the cache. I had refreshed the MM library using the GUI, but forgot that the service would be working off the old cache.

All is well now. Thanks.