PDA

View Full Version : Slim Server keeps stopping itself

luga00
2006-10-09, 14:27
6.5.01 - Slimserver has a habit of stopping itself whenever I'm using the web interface from a remote machine (ie not the server machine). I'm using Fishbone but I think this probably has nothing to do with it.

I'd like to try to catch any messages before it closes down but I'm not sure how to do this. If anyone can give me any pointers as to which debug field should be checked and which log file (if any) I should be looking at after this happens I would be most grateful.

Russ

ceejay
2006-10-09, 15:04
If you're in Windows look in the Event log (Applications), that often has a helpful message if slimserver stops.

Also try

- upgrading to latest 6.5.1 nightly
- using the default skin
- disabling plugins ( a lot of plugins will crash 6.5 if you don't have the latest versions loaded)

HTH
Ceejay

luga00
2006-10-10, 02:04
Thanks Ceejay, I have the lastest nightly and all the plugins are 6.5 compatible.
I'll try using the default skin and see what happens.
r

Craig, James (IT)
2006-10-10, 02:09
Do you have any virus scanners active? They can cause SlimServer to
crash.

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

luga00
2006-10-10, 04:24
I do have virus scanners active but I've pretty much discounted them on the basis that there seems to be no correlation.
Rus

radish
2006-10-10, 05:55
Add an exclusion for .MYI files to the virus scanner.