PDA

View Full Version : New Squeebox V3, first questions

Zmorglub
2006-10-09, 00:31
Hi,

When both by devices and PC are off, I noticed that if I try to turn my device on, it also remotely starts my PC. This would be a good thing if there was a way for the PC to directly go through the profil selection. As the slimserver is fired off automatically once a PC user has been chosen, it just hangs there. Any idea ?

Cheers

probedb
2006-10-09, 02:05
Have you got slimserver installed as a service? I think that should start up automatically? If you download the TweakUI PowerToy for XP or just TweakUI for other OSes, you can set it to automatically login a specified user....very useful for a server :) The Squeezebox must be using the magic packet thing and your network card will have WOL turned on.

HTH!

Paul.

Zmorglub
2006-10-10, 00:02
Will try this evening and post the result.

Thanks

Zmorglub
2006-10-10, 11:04
TweakUI has all I need.

Cheers

radish
2006-10-10, 12:16
Just as an FYI for anyone else reading this - having your server autologon is not needed to have slimserver run at startup (athough you can do it that way if you wish). My server is very rarely logged in and it works fine. You just need to set Slimserver to run as a service and make sure that service is set to autostart.

probedb
2006-10-10, 14:53
Just as an FYI for anyone else reading this - having your server autologon is not needed to have slimserver run at startup (athough you can do it that way if you wish). My server is very rarely logged in and it works fine. You just need to set Slimserver to run as a service and make sure that service is set to autostart.

Yep :) One of the things I suggested :)

Glad TweakUI got you sorted Zmorglub.