PDA

View Full Version : humble feature request for sb

chaotic33
2006-10-06, 02:09
I a wonderful Primare SPA21 home cinema amp with one nasty habit:
it needs some time to home in on a digital signal before producing audio. Result : the first second of the music gets clipped. It is not a specific sb problem, the problem rises just as well with a cd player.
I've tried the audio startup time setting for mp3 but that doesn't work of course (it only delays the start of the problem). Also I mainly play flac.

It would be nice if the sb could be set to send some time of silent digital audio before each playlist. If no-one else has this problem that would be far too much to ask of course.
I guess i then have to create a 2 second silence file on my computer and include that into each playlist..

ceejay
2006-10-06, 04:11
You could always submit an enhancement request and see if anyone else votes for it.... bugs.slimdevices.com

Ceejay

chaotic33
2006-10-06, 06:59
If someone else has this problem:

I solved it like this:I recorded 2 seconds of silence in sound recorder and called it silence.wav.
I put this file in the root of my music collection, say '\\avpc\music\silence.wav'
I then made a little delphi program that iterates through all folders and subfolders and inserts this filename at the top of every m3u file (if not already present) that it encounters.

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-06, 06:59
Does Player Settings - Audio Startup Time help any?

zzvelik
2007-02-19, 08:16
chaotic33,

I recently got a SB3 and hooked it up directly to my Primare SPA21 and so far I can't tell the difference in sound compared to my Primare CD player. I'd like to know if you tried using an external DAC to see how it compares to hooking it up directly to the SPA21?

BTW, I'm also experiencing the same delay problems, but I'm not well versed in computer programming to add a silence file to the music folders that I normally listen to.

Thanks,

Z

If someone else has this problem:

I solved it like this:I recorded 2 seconds of silence in sound recorder and called it silence.wav.
I put this file in the root of my music collection, say '\\avpc\music\silence.wav'
I then made a little delphi program that iterates through all folders and subfolders and inserts this filename at the top of every m3u file (if not already present) that it encounters.