PDA

View Full Version : Edit DB to eliminate duplicate album names?

GeezerD
2006-10-05, 14:35
Just installed the latest 3.5 release to my PC, rescanned the music and I still have (and have had for months) duplicate album names. Can I edit the DB to get rid of the double names?

tommypeters
2006-10-05, 14:37
Do you have both your files tagged, have .m3u and .cue files in the folders? Any apostrophes in the names?

GeezerD
2006-10-07, 14:57
What do you mean "both your files"? Almost all the albums are listed twice, about 200 or so, and they have been for over 6 months, with several versions of SlimServer, after *many" complete scans. Everything was ripped to FLAC, and I have played with Tag&Rename but nothing seems to help. There are "MP3 Audio Playlist" files in all the directories, which I assume are superfluous(?), but nothing that look like m3u or cue files AFAIK.

radish
2006-10-07, 15:01
I'd guess those playlists are the cause of your problems. Try getting rid of them and rescanning.

JJZolx
2006-10-07, 15:09
What do you mean "both your files"? Almost all the albums are listed twice, about 200 or so, and they have been for over 6 months, with several versions of SlimServer, after *many" complete scans. Everything was ripped to FLAC, and I have played with Tag&Rename but nothing seems to help. There are "MP3 Audio Playlist" files in all the directories, which I assume are superfluous(?), but nothing that look like m3u or cue files AFAIK.
What operating system are you using to view the music folder? If Windows, then these may be m3u files. The file extensions might just be hidden from view. In Windows Explorer, to enable the display of file extensions, select Tools > Folder Options... > View and uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'. Then click "Apply to All Folders". Now you should be able to see the file extension being used for these playlists.

Once you know the file extension, go into SlimServer's Server Settings > File Types and enter the extension under 'Disabled Audio File Extensions'. Then do a complete clear/rescan.