PDA

View Full Version : Remote Codes for Transporter

thatMikeguy
2006-10-04, 09:36
Hey All,
Just wondering if anyone knows that remote codes the Transporter uses i.e. RC5??? I am sincerely hoping that it does not interfere with everything else in my system and that my Pronto can work it easily.
Cheers,
Mike

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-04, 10:18
The same codes as the SB2 and SB3.

thatMikeguy
2006-10-04, 11:53
Sigh... that doesn't help me as I own neither of these devices. The Transporter is the first Slim Devices product that has lured me purchase! Anyone know what any of SB2, SB3 and Transporter use? I realize I can just learn all the buttons on my Pronto I just like to set it up with RC 5 if possible.

Jez
2006-10-04, 12:22
"Squeezebox will respond to the infrared signals intended for a JVC DVD player. The instructions that came with your remote control tell you how to program your remote to send these codes. If you have a Philips Pronto remote, check the Plugins page on the Slim Devices website for some pre-programmed screens for this remote."

The plugins page referred to can be found at
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PluginRemoteControls

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-04, 12:34
Sigh... that doesn't help me as I own neither of these devices. The Transporter is the first Slim Devices product that has lured me purchase! Anyone know what any of SB2, SB3 and Transporter use? I realize I can just learn all the buttons on my Pronto I just like to set it up with RC 5 if possible.

Sorry about that...you're the first "Transporter only" person I've seen here! :-)

Most Transporters will have a complimentary SB3 delivered ahead of them - I think there was a 1 or 2 week period when this bundle was discontinued but it was there when the Transporter was first announced back in July and was reinstated recently. You can use the remote with the SB3 to program your remote.

radish
2006-10-04, 13:12
This wiki page has a bunch of useful stuff:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PluginRemoteControls

including a full code listing and Pronto CCF files for the SD remote protocol.

thatMikeguy
2006-10-05, 05:04
Super!!! Thanks gents!! I figured it would be out there. I am hoping the Transporter is able to take advantage of the Pronto capabilities.
Cheers,
Mike

radish
2006-10-05, 06:10
Super!!! Thanks gents!! I figured it would be out there. I am hoping the Transporter is able to take advantage of the Pronto capabilities.

Like we said, the transporter uses the same remote codes as the other SD products, so it'll work just as well with a Pronto.