PDA

View Full Version : Radio URL needs synchronized SoftSqueeze to play.

bbpbbp
2006-10-02, 02:57
Hi Community. I am new to post on this community, although I have had my Squeezeboks for 6 months or so now. It is fantastic and through the whole period I have found only one strange thing that I cannot get to work properly. Here is my problem.

I had a friend coming over all the way from Turkey, and she gave me a tip regarding a radio station called Lounge 102. (www.loungefm.net) When I got there I found this link http://www.loungefm.net/lounge_fm_2006.asf to the radiostream. Here the strange thing begins. I can easily play this on my computer, in any audio players, but I cannot access it directly from my Squeezebox. What is even stranger is that if I start up a synchronized Softsqueeze on my computer I can access this stream both from my Softsqueeze and from my Squeezebox directly. So in order to initiate this stream from my Squeezebox I need to have an instance of Softsqueeze running on my computer. If I do not have a Softsqueeze running it does not manage to connect. I have not seen this with any other radioURLs.

I have searched the forum for an answer to this question, but I have not found anything on this Have any of you seen this before?

Thanks

andyg
2006-10-02, 03:34
Try disabling built-in WMA support, it looks like this stream might not support HTTP streaming. You get a 404 error when trying to play this directly.

mms://85.25.145.192/lounge_fm_2006

bbpbbp
2006-10-02, 11:35
With the risk of sounding like a nouvise, I am afraid I do not understand what you mean by disabeling buildt in WMA support. Do you mean trying the link you suplied? If that is the case I tried that but it makes no difference. I can still only access the radiostation if I have a softsqueeze running localy on my computer, not by starting the link from the Squeezebox. Starting it through my browser, softsqueeze, Windows Media player og Winamp is no problem, only directly from the Squeezebox. Do you mean something else by "disabeling buildt in WMA support" Is it a setting I have not found?

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-02, 11:46
With the risk of sounding like a nouvise, I am afraid I do not understand what you mean by disabeling buildt in WMA support. Do you mean trying the link you suplied? If that is the case I tried that but it makes no difference. I can still only access the radiostation if I have a softsqueeze running localy on my computer, not by starting the link from the Squeezebox. Starting it through my browser, softsqueeze, Windows Media player og Winamp is no problem, only directly from the Squeezebox. Do you mean something else by "disabeling buildt in WMA support" Is it a setting I have not found?

Go to SlimServer Server Settings - File Types and uncheck the "Windows Media - Windows Media (built-in)" line.

bbpbbp
2006-10-02, 13:56
Thanks guys, that did the trick.

One more star for the Squeezebox :)