PDA

View Full Version : IE7 RC1 and SlimServer 6.5

bp_
2006-09-30, 11:53
Well, I updgraded to the new version unfortunately and now I am having a problem connecting. I can connect to Squeeze Network but I can't connect to my slim server. I can get all the way through the setup to right after it acquires the IP addy. When I try to start slim server I often get IE can not display the webpage so I'm guessing there is some problem with this.

The slim server will beging to start up, sometimes it will even load but then a few seconds after that I'll get an IE can not display the webpage. Help! This sucks!

Janco
2006-09-30, 12:44
I don't think it has anything to do with IE7 RC1 or Slimserver 6.5 as such. I'm running both as well without any problem. I can connect ot slimserver through the intranet. No problem. Probably you can't connect because slimserver doesn't run. Why? Wrong configuration file, maybe? Don't know. But try to do a clean install of 6.5: first uninstall slimserver and remove everything that is left, like plugins and settings. Than reinstall it. It doesn't take much time and it's worth a try.

Janco

bp_
2006-09-30, 13:13
thanks. that worked.