PDA

View Full Version : Artwork Problems - Need confirmation

luga00
2006-09-29, 13:44
Can someone at Slim please confirm that the gallery view only uses artwork found in the library folder of an album (ie folder.jpg) if it doesn't manage to find any cover art embedded in the tags of any of the album tracks?

This seems to be the case looking at the debug log after a clear and rescan.

If this is true then it will help me track down why only a few of my albums aren't showing artwork for no apparent reason.

Russ

kdf
2006-09-29, 13:50
Quoting luga00 <luga00.2ewyoz1159562701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Can someone at Slim please confirm that the gallery view only uses
> artwork found in the library folder of an album (ie folder.jpg) if it
> doesn't manage to find any cover art embedded in the tags of any of the
> album tracks?

That's correct. Anything found in tags will override anything found
in the folders.

> This seems to be the case looking at the debug log after a clear and
> rescan.
>
> If this is true then it will help me track down why only a few of my
> albums aren't showing artwork for no apparent reason.

There was a problem with some tag reading in 6.5.0. You can try out
the latest nightly and run a rescan to see if this fixes your issues
with artwork tags as well.

-kdf

luga00
2006-09-29, 14:03
Thanks for the speedy reply. This is probably the answer to some of the people on this forum experiencing artwork problems with WMA files.

I have no idea why this is the case but I do know that when opening those albums from within the gallery view, wma.pm is throwing an exception when trying to get the embedded art. (something to do with hash prefs).

..and no the nightly does not fix it.

Russ

kdf
2006-09-29, 20:36
On 29-Sep-06, at 2:03 PM, luga00 wrote:
>
> those albums from within the gallery view, wma.pm is throwing an
> exception when trying to get the embedded art. (something to do with
> hash prefs).
>
if you can copy and past the EXACT message, that might be helpful.
thanks,
kdf

luga00
2006-09-30, 01:49
Sure, here's an example. I've opened the gallery view and chosen an album for which there is only placeholder artwork. I think at this point Slimserver tries to open the first track to retrieve the embedded artwork and fails. If it also does this during a rescan then this explains why I'm getting only placeholder artwork for these albums.
I had no problems with these albums under 6.3 by the way.

Russ

Retrieving artwork (cover) for: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Russ/My%20Documents/My%20Music/Austin%20Powers/Austin%20Powers/01%20The%20Magic%20Piper%20(Of%20Love).wma
readCoverArtTags: Looking for a cover art image in the tags of: [C:\Documents and Settings\Russ\My Documents\My Music\Austin Powers\Austin Powers\01 The Magic Piper (Of Love).wma]
ERROR: coverArt: Exception when trying to call readCoverArt() for [file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Russ/My%20Documents/My%20Music/Austin%20Powers/Austin%20Powers/01%20The%20Magic%20Piper%20(Of%20Love).wma] : [Can't use string (" 1") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server/Slim/Formats/WMA.pm line 94.

kdf
2006-09-30, 23:44
Please file a bug report, including the log message and attach the file
in question so that someone can have a look at it.
-kdf

luga00
2006-10-01, 03:00
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4269