PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling SlimServer "Service" from PC

breadvan
2006-09-27, 21:06
After uninstalling an older nightly build of SS6.5 (uninstall/reboot/remove directory), I installed a newer build hoping to resolve a starting problem but had no luck and noticed the Slimserver Service in the control panel was pointing to the old directory. I had to uninstall yet again and rebooted only to find out the Service entry is still there.

Can anyone advise me how to remove the Slimserver "Service" manually from the Registry?

Thanks.

JJZolx
2006-09-27, 21:34
After uninstalling an older nightly build of SS6.5 (uninstall/reboot/remove directory), I installed a newer build hoping to resolve a starting problem but had no luck and noticed the Slimserver Service in the control panel was pointing to the old directory. I had to uninstall yet again and rebooted only to find out the Service entry is still there.

Can anyone advise me how to remove the Slimserver "Service" manually from the Registry?
Best thing to do would probably be to use instsvr.exe, which is a command line service installer/uninstaller. You can download it as part of the XP Resource Kit >here< (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en).

Pull up a command console window through: Start > Run > cmd

then enter

C:\>instsrv.exe slimsvc remove

breadvan
2006-09-27, 21:44
Many thanks Jim, I noticed it is a 2003 Server Resource Kit, will it work on XP?

JJZolx
2006-09-27, 21:49
Many thanks Jim, I noticed it is a 2003 Server Resource Kit, will it work on XP?
Yes. Look toward the bottom of that page under 'System Requirements' for the applicable operating systems.