PDA

View Full Version : Random Mix not adding more songs

brucegrr
2006-09-27, 10:18
I am using Slimserver 6.5 with the Fishbone skin on a Win XP (all patches applied) machine using Firefox 1.5.0.7

I am having a problem with random mix. When Random Mix is first started it adds 50 songs (and shows the 10 previous songs played.) It plays all of these songs just fine but it does not add any more songs, so it stops playing once the end of the song list is reached.

add new items when old ones finish is checked
repeat is off
shuffle is off

Suggestions

Bruce

Mark Lanctot
2006-09-28, 19:18
Maybe not try so many songs?

I display only one previous song and two upcoming songs. Even at that, the server will sometimes pause if I skip tracks to the end of the list. That means it requires a bit of horsepower to put on just one song, and I have a pretty decent server.

50 songs is a big load, perhaps the server is choking.

Also what happens if you skip forward once you reach the end of the last song? Does it start at the top of the list again? If it does, Random Mix has stopped.

brucegrr
2006-09-29, 05:36
I have a fairly new system AMD 3000 64bit processor with1.5 gig ram. Usually, the only programs running are Slimserver,Firefox, and Thunderbird.

I unchecked, saved, and rechecked, saved the add new items when old ones finished and changed the song number to 10.

It is now working correctly.

Thanks for your help.

brucegrr
2006-09-29, 05:46
I spoke too soon.

Random Mix still does not add any more songs

I will play around with this some more............

Mark Lanctot
2006-09-30, 07:26
May want to take a look at this:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3696

There's a fix in the most recent nightly.

RainmanRam
2006-10-21, 05:31
I'm bumping into this problem in SlimServer v6.5. My understanding is that it is fixed in the nightly builds since then but I have never installed a nightly build and am reluctant to start now especially since I'm having other problems with the random mix page.

Similar to this bug: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2829, I do not have the option for "Static track mode" on my random mix page. Furthermore, the "Genres to include in your mix" list does not display the genre string and instead is displaying its numerical value.

This is the first time I've visited the Random Mix page on Slim Server but know that random mix was working fine from the remote for weeks before it stopped adding tracks at the end of the playlist.

Help?

Thanks,
Ray

brucegrr
2006-10-21, 07:39
Going to 6.5.1 fixed this problem for me.

The other problem you are having (numeric value instead of genre string) .............I had the same problem a few versions ago. The problem ended up being that my system had a mixture of new/old templates, left overs from previous installs I clean install of Slimserver fixed the problem. (not a reinstall but a clean installl)

Bruce

RainmanRam
2006-10-21, 07:59
Perhaps old templates are what is causing all three problems. What is the process for a "clean" install? Is it sufficient to uninstall, delete the slimserver directory and reinstall or are there other turds (registry, etc.) I need to clean up?

Thanks,
Ray

Mark Lanctot
2006-10-21, 08:29
Perhaps old templates are what is causing all three problems. What is the process for a "clean" install? Is it sufficient to uninstall, delete the slimserver directory and reinstall or are there other turds (registry, etc.) I need to clean up?

Thanks,
Ray

I believe I've read that there are no registry changes to root out. Uninstalling 6.3 and deleting its directory worked for me to upgrade to 6.5.

brucegrr
2006-10-21, 09:52
After doing a clean install you will need to make sure you have current versions of any plugins you have added.