PDA

View Full Version : MUSICIP Mix method

rtrimarchi
2006-09-26, 06:04
Hello everyone,
I have installed SS 6.5.0 and music IP 1.7.
I am sure it might sound a stupid question but I am getting crazy on it...Please I need some help from you experts....
My audio files are on a media server on my home network.
The name of the server is "media". and the folders are shared.
\\media\mp3
\\media mp3 preferiti
On the same server I have both programs running.
I have finished validation with music IP and now 99% of the songs are enabled for musicip Mix....the rest cannot be validated for some reason.
At least this is what music ip tells me...
When I go to slimserver, and I browse via the "music folders" option, I see no songs MIP ready ....therefore I cannot request an MIP Mix.
Also, I only have a few playlists on this folder \\media\playlists, and for some reason, SS recognize those few playlists as MIP ready (little mm icon shows up).
At this point.... how am I supposed to start a MIP mix if browsing via "Music folders" gives me no MIP ready songs ???????

The only MIP ready things I have are those few playlists I created.... but I thought that i should be able to start a mix from ANY song I have (validated) on my music folder ???

Am I wrong or I got some sort of problems ???

Thanks in advance, Ric

davep
2006-09-26, 06:14
Try browsing by artist or album rather than by music folder. The latter is just a straightforward browse of the directory structure and does not make use of the tags or any other cleverness associated with the tracks.

When you go to an artist, album or track in the normal Browse method then you will see the small "m" symbol and can use your selection to seed a mix. Just press and hold the 'Play' button on the remote and you should see the mix being created. You then have to start it playing by releasing the 'Play' button and pressing it normally again.

davep

rtrimarchi
2006-09-26, 06:20
Thanks Dave....

So the only official method for creating MIP Mix is via the ARTIST or Album (& TRACK) ??

Let me know if I understood right.....

Always thanks again

cparker
2006-09-26, 08:33
Thanks Dave....

So the only official method for creating MIP Mix is via the ARTIST or Album (& TRACK) ??

Let me know if I understood right.....

Always thanks again

Hi

Yes, as you are using that track/album as the "seed" for the mix.

Depending whether you run MusicIP in headless mode or use the GUI, you can also create a mix in MusicIP and right-click on the Send To and select Slimserver.

If the Send To -> Slimserver is not there, then you need to ensure that MusicIP and Slimserver are starting up in the correct order, you can find information about this in the forums.

Cheers

Rob A.
2006-09-26, 15:53
Hi

Yes, as you are using that track/album as the "seed" for the mix.

I can't seem to create mixes at the song level. It only seems to work at the album / artist level. Any idea what's going on there?

- Rob