PDA

View Full Version : Can not connect to SqueezeNetwork via HomePlug

theta
2006-09-25, 20:21
Hello:

I used to use Ethernet RJ-45 connecting to my desktop computer and SB3, they work fine for half year, no issue, then I bought 3 85Mb HomPlugs recently, one is for desktop computer, one is for SqueezeBox 3, I can go to internet without any problem for my desktop computer, but SB3 can't connect to SqueezeNetwork via HomePlug, I swapped these 3 HomePlugs, got the same thing.

Does anybody use HomePlug with SB3 connecting to SqueezeNetwork successfully?

andyg
2006-09-26, 03:57
On Sep 25, 2006, at 11:21 PM, theta wrote:

>
> Hello:
>
> I used to use Ethernet RJ-45 connecting to my desktop computer and
> SB3,
> they work fine for half year, no issue, then I bought 3 85Mb HomPlugs
> recently, one is for desktop computer, one is for SqueezeBox 3, I can
> go to internet without any problem for my desktop computer, but SB3
> can't connect to SqueezeNetwork via HomePlug, I swapped these 3
> HomePlugs, got the same thing.
>
> Does anybody use HomePlug with SB3 connecting to SqueezeNetwork
> successfully?

Make sure your SB3 is getting an IP address and has valid settings
for DNS server and gateway. Can you connect to your local SlimServer
over HomePlug?

theta
2006-09-26, 08:12
My SB3 can not connect to my local SlimServer over HomePlug, but my desktop computer can connect to internet over these 3 HomePlugs, there is no problem in SB3 static IP 192.168.1.12 subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway192.168.1.1 and DNS (My desktop computer use the same DNS, the static IP is 192.168.1.11).

I saw same problem happened in Taiwan Forums, there is one guy use his D-Link HomePlug to connect SB3, it can't connect SqueezeNetwork either, but his laptop can connect to internet over D-Link HomePlug, mine is APower 85Mb (http://www.lasertek.com.tw/business/PLC/products/datasheet/ENGLISH/LAB-56-Datasheet%20_ENG_%20Rev_1_0b.pdf)

andyg
2006-09-26, 08:17
On Sep 26, 2006, at 11:12 AM, theta wrote:

>
> My SB3 can not connect to your local SlimServer over HomePlug, but my
> desktop computer can connect to internet over this HomePlug, there is
> no problem in subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway192.168.1.1 and DNS
> (My
> desktop computer use the same DNS).
>
> I saw same problem happened in Taiwan Forums, there is one guy use his
> D-Link HomePlug to connect SB3, it can't connect SqueezeNetwork
> either,
> mine is APower 85Mb
> (http://www.lasertek.com.tw/business/PLC/products/datasheet/ENGLISH/
> LAB-56-Datasheet%20_ENG_%20Rev_1_0b.pdf)

If it can't even connect to your local SlimServer, you have network
problems.

Is your SB3 static or DHCP? Does it get a DHCP IP OK? This means
the network link is at least working. Try pinging the SB3.

Jeff52
2006-09-26, 08:43
You may be having problems with your particular homeplug setup but I can assure you that there is no inherent imcompatability when using a Squeezebox in a homeplug network. I have been using a Netgear 85 MBps Wall-Plugged Ethernet Adapter with my Squeezebox for over a month with absolutely no problems connecting to Slimserver or Squeezenetwork. I use fixed IP addresses for my computer and several squeezeboxes (two wireless and one homeplug) and have never used DHCP.

Are you using the homeplug in the same electrical outlet you use to connect to your notebook?

Andyb01
2006-09-30, 06:43
I use homeplugs and can access squeezenetwork fine. There can be problems if you have separate circuits for sockets so check your wiring. The simple test is if the homeplug works for a link btwn SB and the PC to play your mp3s then by default it must work for squeezenetwork alsot. Is it a firewall issue? You may need to set some permissions.

Andy

theta
2006-10-03, 04:56
Thanks gentlemen, the issue was resolved by replacing other new brand 85Mb HomePlug.

Thank you all once again.