PDA

View Full Version : Radio woes in 6.5

Gildahl
2006-09-25, 04:51
Since upgrading from 6.3.1 to 6.5, it seems that the radio features have taken a step backwards.

1. I can no longer receive any Live365 stations.
2. radioio stations are almost impossible to tune in.
3. For some reason, many stations do not display the "go right to add to favorites", so I can't add them.
4. For many stations on the new radiotime service, pressing play just "jiggles" the screen a little and does nothing else. So far, I haven't been able to add the few that I could get to favorites.

Shoutcast stations don't seem affected too much, although it does seem like I can't tune in as many as before (this could be my imagination), but I can't help but feel that 6.5 is definitely a step backward for radio listeners.

I'm tempted to go back to 6.3.1, but fortunately, most of the stations I listen to regularly are among the ones I can still receive. Also, on my relatively slow (750Mhz) Linux box, the performance on 6.5 is a giant leap over 6.3.1--which for no other reason makes it a keeper. There used to be a delay whenever I attempted to access a long list of titles (like all albums or a genre with lots of titles), but now access is virtually instant. Rescans also seem much faster. Great work here, and thanks to Slimdevices for actually doing work on the "backend" rather than just the visible "eye-candy" stuff.

But if anyone has work-arounds for these radio issues, I'd love to know about them.

Dave

Ben Sandee
2006-09-25, 07:30
On 9/25/06, Gildahl <Gildahl.2eovhn1159185301 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> Since upgrading from 6.3.1 to 6.5, it seems that the radio features have
> taken a step backwards.

A few of the issues you mention have been fixed in the the nightly builds
following 6.5 and are due out in 6.5.1. You can try these relatively
low-risk bug fix builds by downloading from here:

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/

Look for the newest directory prefixed "SlimServer_6_5_x".

I think the radiotime issues may be partially out of SlimServer's control.
If a station goes down or changes their radio address and doesn't let
RadioTime know then you've got a dead link.

Ben