PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FFWD/REW of Ogg Vorbis

smst
2006-09-25, 01:23
Hi all,

I upgraded to 6.5 last week (_love_ the new gallery view!) but have so far been unsuccessful with native support of Ogg Vorbis. When I hit the FFWD button, the SB2 shows "PROBLEM: CAN'T OPEN FILE FOR:" (I believe that's the wording I saw).

My SlimServer build is:

6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252

The player firmware version is 64.

My Ogg Vorbis files are all q6, and can all be played back at normal speed. They're on an NTFS volume, and the only permissions wrinkle is that I've disabled deletion for all users (although I'm sure that's not relevant!). The "File Types" settings are:

[Y] Ogg Vorbis AIFF sox
[Y] Ogg Vorbis FLAC sox/flac
[ ] Ogg Vorbis MP3 sox/lame
[Y] Ogg Vorbis Ogg Vorbis (built-in)

...in that order. I've tried unticking all but the last one (and submitting the form) but I get the same error. (And presumably the built-in version would have been used by default, right?)

Is this a known problem? Can anyone suggest something I've overlooked? Which debugging flags should I enable to help diagnose the error?

Thanks,
Steve

kdf
2006-09-25, 08:22
On 25-Sep-06, at 1:23 AM, smst wrote:
>
> Is this a known problem?

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3809

smst
2006-09-25, 09:15
I see; thanks for pointing that out. I can do without it, as I have done until now -- just wanted to be sure there wasn't something broken at my end.

Cheers.

andyg
2006-09-25, 10:03
Does this refer to a fast-forward or rewind issue, or the fact that you can't play your Ogg files at all? If the latter, check the encoder version that was used to encode your Ogg file. Any pre-1.0 beta versions of oggenc probably won't work, and you'll need to re-encode using a non-beta encoder. Or, uncheck the Ogg (built-in) item and you can transcode to FLAC.

smst
2006-09-25, 10:07
It's fast-forward/rewind only; normal playback is fine. I hadn't actually considered the possibility that the files wouldn't be supported at all! The native support is still very welcome -- I'm pleased not to be transcoding on the server now (since the overwhelming majority of my music is Ogg Vorbis).

Thanks,
Steve