PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Upgrade - a few questions

DrNic
2006-09-23, 09:03
Hi all!
Just upgraded my 6.2.2 server to the "latest" final 6.5 build - was very particular to erase all traces of old install then install new one. Glad to say it went smoothly, and I am now listening via my SB3 with no problems so far!! Excellent!
I have a few questions if you don't mind - they may be intended behaviours but its nice to know!!

1) On the old 6.2.2 I had a fully working Pronto NG ccf file: now this seems to partially broken. I had direct buttons to access the settings page and others that performed more basic functions such as brightness (!) but these no longer work - some doing just nothing others going straight to a blank screen (mini analogue VU still bouncing away happily!). Has the IR map changed? Is there a list of HEX codes (full hex) for the new map?

2) There no longer appears to be the option of deleting album art placeholders (in the new gallery view on my favourite fishbone skin) - so now I have lots of "?" placeholders along with my (slowly) growing collection of album covers. Has this option been removed totally?

I thinks thats all for now, but will post any other (dumb?) questions as I find them!!

Many thanks

Nic

DrNic
2006-09-24, 10:44
Anyone have any ideas on the above points?
Please?!
Another thing mind - can you turn off artwork completely (like in the old versions "don't look for artwork" I think it was called)?
Nic

aubuti
2006-09-24, 17:46
Can't help you on #1, but on #2 as has been mentioned elsewhere (can't recall the specific thread now), because the artwork view is part-and-parcel of album view, it no longer makes much logical sense to exclude albums without art from the listings. In other words, this was a conscious design decision by the developers.

I don't know if you can turn off artwork completely, but you can use the icon in the upper corner to toggle between artwork view and list view. Just keep it with list view. It even sets a cookie that keeps it in list view if you change to another skin.

DrNic
2006-09-25, 14:22
Can't help you on #1, but on #2 as has been mentioned elsewhere (can't recall the specific thread now), because the artwork view is part-and-parcel of album view, it no longer makes much logical sense to exclude albums without art from the listings. In other words, this was a conscious design decision by the developers.

I don't know if you can turn off artwork completely, but you can use the icon in the upper corner to toggle between artwork view and list view. Just keep it with list view. It even sets a cookie that keeps it in list view if you change to another skin.

Thanks for replying aubuti,
Thought that some things may be a design intention....
Turning off artwork would be useful though - I thought that it made a huge impact on the database keeping track of the artwork such that large libraries could grind to a halt with artwork (irrespective of image size - as it is the database links that hit performance)?

Nic

bigjilm
2006-10-27, 11:13
I'm still looking for a solution to the upgrade to 6.5 blowing up my ccf. I sent an email to the guy who created it over on remotecentral, and I'll post back here if I here anything useful.