PDA

View Full Version : New QNAP TS-101 Problem

ashmant
2006-09-23, 06:18
Hi

Not sure if anyone out there can help me now I've got my SB3 and new QNAP NAS from Progressive (Paul - HELP!)?

I'm running SS 6.3.1 from a laptop and this works well with my music files now on the NAS. Furthermore, I've installed all the Progressive SS updates (6.3.1 and all-in-ones - individually), but now I can't get my SB3 to "see" let alone connect to my NAS. The SB3 is version 55 and when I try and set up a new connection with the IP address of the NAS, although it connects to my network, the SB3 displays "Problem, can't connect to slimserver".

Music files are in the public/music folder; I've tried enabling and disabling the various QNAP protocols (Web server, FTP, Multimedia, UPnP, download, Web file); I've enabled the guest account; I've fixed the NAS IP address.

I've now spent 7 days trawling these threads and whilst surprisingly addictive and interesting, to no avail for my quest.

I had it connected (but not fully working) prior to the NAS updates (which installed fine once I'd read all the forum threads).

Some questions:
1 - There doesn't appear to be a GUI interface as per "/localhost:9000/" for the QNAP slimserver? Is there another way of configuring or accesisng the NAS slimserver software via a preferences or configuration file?
2 - What is Twonky media?
3 - Should the guest account and QNAP services be enabled or disabled?
4 - (and finally) When using the SS via the laptop and now that I've copied the music files to my NAS, the artwork has now dissappeared.

Any help will be more than greatly apreciated!

Trev

funkstar
2006-09-23, 10:44
1 - There doesn't appear to be a GUI interface as per "/localhost:9000/" for the QNAP slimserver? Is there another way of configuring or accesisng the NAS slimserver software via a preferences or configuration file?
try http://qnap_ip_address:8000/ the uPnP server uses port 9000 and can't be changed, so i believed they changed the port os the SlimServer web interface.

2 - What is Twonky media?
that is the uPnP server

3 - Should the guest account and QNAP services be enabled or disabled?
I don't know if it makes a difference as far as slimServer is concerned. someone else might say yay or nay

4 - (and finally) When using the SS via the laptop and now that I've copied the music files to my NAS, the artwork has now dissappeared.
Where is the artwork stored, embeded in the files or as seperate file in the album folder? If everything is copied across properly, i don't know why you wouldn't be getting the artwork showing.