PDA

View Full Version : Issues with SB3

Mattiasa
2006-09-22, 23:43
Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum, and I hope my questions aren't already answered. I looked thorugh the three first pages and found some answers anyway... :-)

Well, here's the deal. Yesterday I downloaded the new Slimserver 6.5.0. I installed it, had some difficulties in finding the "Browse by artwork" (found the answer to that one), and decided to go back to the 6.3.1 for now. Anyway, before this actions the clock was always visible on my SB3. Now when I shut of the computer, so does the SB3. IE no clock... I'm a bit confused..... Does anyone know why this happens? I will install the 6.5.0 today again, but I would really like th clock to work even when the computer is off.... Is it a setting?

Thx in advance....

mherger
2006-09-22, 23:55
> (found the answer to that one), and decided to go back to the 6.3.1 for

For what reason? Can't be the artwork alone, can it? :-)

> now. Anyway, before this actions the clock was always visible on my
> SB3. Now when I shut of the computer, so does the SB3. IE no clock...

Try the BRIGHTNESS button on your remote control.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

kdf
2006-09-23, 00:00
On 22-Sep-06, at 11:43 PM, Mattiasa wrote:
>
> SB3. Now when I shut of the computer, so does the SB3. IE no clock...
> I'm a bit confused..... Does anyone know why this happens? I will
> install the 6.5.0 today again, but I would really like th clock to work
> even when the computer is off.... Is it a setting?
>
the SB3 is a dumb device. it can't do much of anything without a server.
If your computer is off, then you'll need to connect the SB3 to
SqueezeNetwork
to get time display. You can connect from a menu item before you shut
off the computer,
or you can hold the power button to reset the player and choose to
connect to squeezenetwork
during the setup.

-kdf

Mattiasa
2006-09-23, 00:35
kdf:
Yes, but this worked before I started messing with the software. And I didn't use SN then either. I sure... That's the problem :-)

Mherger:
Actually, together with the other issue, made me change back, but it was just to check if the clock would work. And it didn't (haven't tried the brightness button yet, but I already have it to MAX when the SB3 is active)

lrossouw
2006-09-23, 03:29
brightness level is different when sb is off and on. try pressing brightness when it is off.

ceejay
2006-09-23, 04:01
kdf:
Yes, but this worked before I started messing with the software. And I didn't use SN then either. I sure... That's the problem :-)

You must be mistaken somehow. For the SB to be displaying a time, like a clock, it MUST be connected to a computer of some kind - either a local slimserver or the Squeezenetwork. Really!

Ceejay

Flamingo
2006-09-23, 05:40
A nice enhancement would be to get the time directly from the internet when the squeezebox was not connected to Slimserver or have an option for it to auto connect to Squeezenetwork if the Slimserever disappears for a certain (configurable) amount of time.

aubuti
2006-09-23, 06:18
A nice enhancement would be ... or have an option for it to auto connect to Squeezenetwork if the Slimserever disappears for a certain (configurable) amount of time.

Agreed. Vote for bug/enhancement #3936 http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3936