PDA

View Full Version : track of Now playing not updated

happyguy
2006-09-21, 08:29
When I play a cue + ape files and found the now playing status not updated. It always showed the first track of the album and didn't update the track any more. Can someone kindly tell me what the problem is ?

I am using 6.3.1 version of Slimserver and my system is XP.

Thanks,

peterbell
2006-09-21, 09:17
I'm guessing that you're not actually using the 'Now Playing' display. you either have to navigate to 'Now Playing' after selecting the tracks you want to play, or you can set 'Now Playing' as the 'Screensaver when playing'.

smc2911
2006-09-21, 15:44
I actually have the same problem from time to time, but haven't been able to force it to happen. I have the Now Playing showing a progress bar and when you scroll up or down, not surprisingly only the currently playing song displays that progress bar. Occasionally, however, the SB gets stuck displaying the progress bar on a song that has finished, even though a later song in the playlist is playing. The webUI (and Moose) show the correct song playing. If I leave the SB playing through the playlist, the song with the progress bar will not change until I stop and select a particular track to play. The only reason I haven't reported it is the difficulty in working out the circumstances in which it occurs.

happyguy
2006-09-22, 10:34
Thanks for response.
I did set 'Now Playing' as the 'Screensaver when playing', but the track was not updated.

Mark Lanctot
2006-09-28, 17:04
I actually have the same problem from time to time, but haven't been able to force it to happen. I have the Now Playing showing a progress bar and when you scroll up or down, not surprisingly only the currently playing song displays that progress bar. Occasionally, however, the SB gets stuck displaying the progress bar on a song that has finished, even though a later song in the playlist is playing. The webUI (and Moose) show the correct song playing. If I leave the SB playing through the playlist, the song with the progress bar will not change until I stop and select a particular track to play. The only reason I haven't reported it is the difficulty in working out the circumstances in which it occurs.

I believe I'm experiencing the same thing:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3696

Despite the bug title, it also does this in "non random" mix as well.

itai
2006-09-30, 07:24
Same here, it is a glitch in the coding, Slim has to fix it.
Once you go in a folder and choose "play", the next track wont update the display on the player.
But when you hit "now playing" on the remote, it fixes that disconnection, and tracks names update nicely.
But!,the "now playing" position is anoying because, when you navigate back from it, it "falls" out of your last position, up one root, and you have to find your way back to where you were.
phew!
:-)

webrits
2007-07-29, 06:17
I'm a noob to the squeezebox and I LOVE it. Thing is I'm getting the behaviour listed above, v.6.5.3 XP.
Is this still an issue or am I doing something wrong?
Basically as stated, the display jumps back to the track I started playing on instead of showing the current track. I know I can hit the 'now playing' button but then I have to navigate back through Browse - Artist - Album to get back to the same list structure.

Anyone?