PDA

View Full Version : New Guy, Dumb Question

ErikM
2006-09-21, 08:11
Greetings. I'm new to the world of the Slim and I have a simple question. I've looked through the FAQ and searched the site but so far no answer, so here goes. I'll be setting up 2 Squeeze box 3's they will feed a Yamaha RXV1200 receiver and an older Nakamichi TA4a receiver. I will be using the analog outputs of the SB3's since the Nak receiver doesn't have digital imputs and the Yamaha is my suuround receiver and I doubt the Yamaha's dac's are any better than the SB3's. FWIW the SB's are for my non critical systems ( used to feed my kitchen/family room system and my outdoor system) Anyway what I wondering is can the SB3 analog outs be set for a standard 2mv output like a cd player or just set to a default. I plan on using the volume controls on the respective recievers and not the SB3 volume control. I want to get the SB3 volume control out of the signal path as as much as possible for best sound.. at least that's what I think :-) TIA

Pale Blue Ego
2006-09-21, 09:20
Just leave the player volume all the way up (40) and use the receiver for volume adjustment.

ErikM
2006-09-21, 10:40
Thank You.. I knew it had to be simple...

blackbear
2006-09-22, 15:30
Just leave the player volume all the way up (40) and use the receiver for volume adjustment.

Note: On SlimServer 6.5, all the way up is 100, not 40 as before.