PDA

View Full Version : Qnap Update

ultra238a
2006-09-18, 02:35
Hi guys,

Right I am back! Baby Claudia is great and sleeps a lot especial at night which is always good :)

Ok Qnap updates:

1. 6.5 beta 3 is now working on TS-101 - anybody who wants to try it should PM me, you try it at your own risk

2. We are still working on the self install version. Anybody who has a TS-101 will be entitled to a free version of this on receipt of your units MAC address. Only send these in when I announce it is ready.

3. External USB/sATA drives to expand the capacity for SlimServer. We are currently working on a patch to allow SlimServer to see external USB/sATA drives connected to your TS-101. We are also going to try and get the UPnP server to look at the same music directory so you don't have to duplicate your music files if you use both server software

4. TS-201 stock will be with us at the end of September, been delayed slightly.

5. External TS-101 enclosure - Qnap are still working on this :( sorry.

For anybody who has ordered a Transporter (robots in disguise) I will be getting an updated delivery date today.

Regards

Fifer
2006-09-18, 02:48
Busy morning Paul. Have a coffee ... ;)

davidcotton
2006-09-18, 03:02
Hi guys,

Right I am back! Baby Claudia is great and sleeps a lot especial at night which is always good :)

Congratulations

Andy_W
2006-09-18, 03:32
Paul

Congratulations and welcome back to QNAP world!

Paul_B
2006-09-18, 04:38
Please accept my apolpgise for previous email venting some frustration. I had forgotten that you were on paternity leave.

Congratulations on the new family member hope all is well and you are enjoying the time?

Thanks for the comprehensive update on the TS101.

You have made this product so much more than it could have been and for that I think we all thank-you. Only proble is because of this high support level our expectations have grown. When we don't get a reply we get a little worried. Time to get a better perspective on the very high level of support and functionality you are providing for the product.

Many thanks and don't forget to go home on time. Children grow up far too quick!

Paul

Paul_B
2006-09-18, 07:30
With the delay of the QNAP Slave has anyone bought or played with the Thecus N2050? Looks as though it is an external drive cage to support up to 2 SATA drives.

Manufacturer:
http://www.thecus.com/products_over.php?cid=1&pid=3&PHPSESSID=b4635a7571a1b75124bfd39f9da3986c

UK Reseller:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=340120

funkstar
2006-09-18, 08:08
Not played with one myself, but they look quite interesting.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=71271&highlight=N2050'

bit on the pricy side though don't you think?

Paul_B
2006-09-18, 08:24
Yeah does look a bit pricey but I am starting to think of putting together a server for home-automation and Slimserver. The QNAP has been so good that my expectations of what I want to do as grown exponentially.

I wonder if I could get away with larger disks in the Thecus than in the QNAP to expand the QNAP. I.e QRAID from 160GB disk to say 300GB disk in the Thecus. Then split the QRAID putting the now 300GB into QNAP? Hmm I bet the partion will be at 150GB

davidcotton
2006-09-18, 09:02
If your worried about having the qnap die on you, why not go and get a usb drive, (heck I got a toshiba 320 gig drive from pcworld not so long ago for 109, it was cheaper last I looked)and just do a straight copy on to that.

Paul_B
2006-09-18, 11:55
main reason is that USB is slow. Wanted to make the most of the eSATA connection

breadvan
2006-09-19, 02:09
sorry for being ignorant here but very green on this.

Does it mean I have to purchase a QNAP from Paul or his agent to be qualified for the auto install SS when it becomes available?

funkstar
2006-09-19, 04:13
I don't believe so, you just have to provide the MAC address of the unit.

ultra238a
2006-09-19, 05:34
As long as the unit has originally come from us with SlimServer installed on it then you will get a free upgrade i.e. you won't have to pay for the update file to re-install SlimServer on your TS-101 if it all goes tits-up.com

Any owners of a TS-101 that hasn't come pre-installed with SlimServer will be able to purchase the update from us when it is available.

This obviously doesn't effect SlimServer updates for existing users.

Thanks

Gezey
2006-09-19, 06:08
Paul,

Just a quick follow up - any idea on the range of price for the commercial update?

Since I don't live in the UK, I'm trying to find out what course of a buying scenario to take. Fully loaded and preinstalled or self-assembled and upgraded.

Thanks.

PS. Congratulations and Good Luck

ultra238a
2006-09-19, 06:42
We are going to be charging 25 (39 , $49) for the self install package.

Obviously once you have purchased this SlimServer updates from then on in are free of charge from our update site.

Regards

willroberts
2006-09-20, 20:07
Please can I have some assistance on this problem

I have a qnap TS 101 and loads of WMA files that I want to play to my squeezebox and softsqueeze.

I installed the all-in-one plugin update and seem to have mplayer.

All tests result in mp3 and flac playing fine but wma files result in silence and the counter never goes up in the softsqueeze display (although a fair bit of network activity is taking place).

Below are my convert.conf and slimserver-convert.conf files

convert.conf
# $Id: convert.conf 4888 2005-10-27 23:19:48Z dsully $
# configuration file for transcoding
# first line is the source format, destination format and the destination device. Asterisk matches all
# second line is the command line for the conversion
# First line format:
# <source_format> <dest_format> <destination_device_type> <destination_device_id>
#
# <source_format>: Source music format: mp3, mov, ogg, wav, etc...
# <dest_format> : Destination music format: Generally mp3, or
# possibly aif or others depending on the types
# your player supports. SliMP3 supports only
# MP3. Squeezebox currently supports mp3, aif
# and wav. Squeezebox2 adds support for Flac and WMA.
# <destination_device_type>: currently slimp3, squeezebox, or *.
# The * is a wildcard that matches all device
# types.
# <destination_device_id>: The ID of the destination device. The
# ID of the destination device is the MAC address
# of a SliMP3 or Squeezebox device, or the IP of
# an HTTP client (such as your computer running
# WinAmp). The '*' wildcard matches all hosts
#
# either or both of <destination_device_type> and
# <destination_device_id> may be the '*' wildcard
#
#
# $FILE$ is the absolute path to the source file
# $RATE$ is the sample rate of the source file (in kS/sec)
# $BITRATE$ is the bandwidth of the output stream in kb/s
# [bin] is the executable binary for the encoder or decoder
# - is a special command line that implies passthrough of data
# specific combinations match before wildcards

#mov mp3 * *
# [mov123] $FILE$ | [lame] --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ -b $BITRATE$ -r - -

#ogg mp3 * *
# [oggdec] -Q -o - -R $FILE$ | [lame] --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ -r -x - -

ogg mp3 * *
[sox] -t ogg $FILE$ -t raw -r 44100 -c 2 -w -s $-x$ - | [lame] --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ -r - -

wav mp3 * *
[lame] --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ $FILE$ -

aif mp3 * *

shn mp3 * *
[shorten] -x $FILE$ - | [lame] --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ - -

flc mp3 * *
[flac] -dcs --skip=$START$ --until=$END$ -- $FILE$ | [lame] --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ - -

#wma mp3 * *
# [wmadec] -r 44100 -b 16 -n 2 $FILE$ | [lame] -x --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ - -

mpc mp3 * *
[mppdec] --raw-le --silent --prev --gain 3 $FILE$ - | [lame] -x --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ - -

ape mp3 * *
[mac] $FILE$ - -d | [lame] --resample 44100 -x --silent -q 9 --abr $BITRATE$ - -

mp3 mp3 * *
-

# Non-mp3 starts here
aif aif * *
-
# ~/slim/tools/visualizer/vis 10.0.1.7 $FILE$

wav wav * *
-

shn wav * *
[shorten] -x $FILE$ -

flc wav * *
[flac] -dcs --force-raw-format --endian=little --sign=signed --skip=$START$ --until=$END$ -- $FILE$

#ogg wav * *
# [oggdec] -Q -o - -R $FILE$

ogg aif * *
[sox] -t ogg $FILE$ -t raw -r 44100 -c 2 -w -s $-x$ -

#wma wav * *
# [wmadec] -r 44100 -b 16 -n 2 $FILE$

mpc wav * *
[mppdec] --raw-le --silent --prev --gain 2 $FILE$ -

ape wav * *
[mac] $FILE$ - -d

mpc aif * *
[mppdec] --raw-be --silent --prev --gain 2 $FILE$ -

## you can comment this out if you want to use LAME to transcode AAC/MOV files to MP3.
#mov aif * *
# [mov123] $FILE$

#Added following entries to support AAC/ALAC files
mov wav * *
[playm4a-wav] $FILE$

mov mp3 * *
[playm4a-mp3] $FILE$ $QUALITY$ $BITRATE$

#wma wma squeezebox2 *
# -

# FLAC output starts here

#mp3 flc * *
# [lame] --mp3input --decode -t --silent $FILE$ - | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

flc flc * *
-

aif flc * *
[flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 --skip=$START$ --until=$END$ -- $FILE$

wav flc * *
[flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 --skip=$START$ --until=$END$ -- $FILE$

shn flc * *
[shorten] -x $FILE$ - | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 --endian little --sign signed --channels 2 --bps 16 --sample-rate 44100 -

#ogg flc * *
# [oggdec] -Q -o - $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

ogg flc * *
[sox] -t ogg $FILE$ -t raw -r 44100 -c 2 -w -s $-x$ - | [flac] -cs --compression-level-0 --totally-silent --endian big --channel 2 --bps 16 --sample-rate 44100 --sign signed -

#wma flc * *
# [wmadec] -r 44100 -b 16 -n 2 $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 --endian little --sign signed --channels 2 --bps 16 --sample-rate 44100 -

mpc flc * *
[mppdec] --silent --prev --gain 2 $FILE$ - | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

ape flc * *
[mac] $FILE$ - -d | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

#mov flc * *
# [mov123] $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 --endian big --sign signed --channels 2 --bps 16 --sample-rate 44100 -

# special case for smart bitrates on mp3 input
mp3 mp3 transcode *

flc flc transcode *
[flac] -dcs --skip=$START$ --until=$END$ -- $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

# This example transcodes MP3s to MP3s, if the target machine has the
# given MAC address. This rule will take precedence over the
# previous rule because it's more specific.
#mp3 mp3 squeezebox 00:02:dd:34:e9:62
# ./brute_filter $FILE$ -
wma wav * *
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$
wma mp3 * *
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [lame] --silent -r -x -q $QUALITY$ -b $BITRATE$ - -
wma flc * *
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --endian=little --channels=2 --sign=signed --bps=16 --sample-rate=44100 --compression-level-0 -

slimserver-convert.conf
# AlienBBC - unix version
#
# Default for mplayer pre7 or later (note: -bandwidth 10000000 only works on recent pre8 builds)
#
rtsp wav * *
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -bandwidth 10000000 -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$
rtsp mp3 * *
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -bandwidth 10000000 -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [lame] --silent -r -x -q $QUALITY$ -b $BITRATE$ - -
rtsp flc * *
[mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -bandwidth 10000000 -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --endian=little --channels=2 --sign=signed --bps=16 --sample-rate=44100 --compression-level-0 -
# Alternative for mplayer up to pre6
#rtsp wav * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vo null -cache 128 -af resample=44100:0:1 -ao pcm -nowaveheader -aofile /dev/fd/3 $FILE$
#rtsp mp3 * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vo null -cache 128 -af resample=44100:0:1 -ao pcm -nowaveheader -aofile /dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [lame] --silent -r -x -q $QUALITY$ -b $BITRATE$ - -
#rtsp flc * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vo null -cache 128 -af resample=44100:0:1 -ao pcm -nowaveheader -aofile /dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --endian=little --channels=2 --sign=signed --bps=16 --sample-rate=44100 --compression-level-0 -
#
# To boost volume, change resample=44100:0:1 to
# volume=x:sc,resample=44100:0:1, where x is a number e.g. 8
#
#
# WMA for mplayer pre7 or later
#wma wav * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$
#wma mp3 * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [lame] --silent -r -x -q $QUALITY$ -b $BITRATE$ - -
#wma flc * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --endian=little --channels=2 --sign=signed --bps=16 --sample-rate=44100 --compression-level-0 -
# WMA playback - mplayer up to pre6
#wma wav * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vo null -cache 128 -af resample=44100:0:1 -ao pcm -nowaveheader -aofile /dev/fd/3 $FILE$
#wma mp3 * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vo null -cache 128 -af resample=44100:0:1 -ao pcm -nowaveheader -aofile /dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [lame] --silent -r -x -q $QUALITY$ -b $BITRATE$ - -
#wma flc * *
# [mplayer.sh] -really-quiet -vo null -cache 128 -af resample=44100:0:1 -ao pcm -nowaveheader -aofile /dev/fd/3 $FILE$ | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --endian=little --channels=2 --sign=signed --bps=16 --sample-rate=44100 --compression-level-0 -

ultra238a
2006-09-21, 02:43
Hi,

Can you send me a couple of your WMA files and I will test them. PM me for my email address.

Also, can I suggest that you don't post long scripts on the forum, it would be better if you just PM'ed me with any issues like this. If I can't sort them then we can make the issue public to get feedback on it. Posting large amounts of script is pointless as it just cloggs up the thread.

joncooper
2006-09-21, 05:18
Does this update include the uPnP server software? I have an old Terratec Noxon that I'd like to serve with uPnP where possible, and it would be great if the QNAP could do this.

Thanks in advance for any info.

ultra238a
2006-09-21, 05:21
Hi Jon,

Yes it includes the Twonky UPnP Media server software and I can confirm it works well with the Noxon.

joncooper
2006-09-21, 05:22
Hi Jon,

Yes it includes the Twonky UPnP Media server software and I can confirm it works well with the Noxon.
Excellent - I'd just read through http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=26894 and could have answered my own question!

breadvan
2006-09-28, 21:09
Hi Paul,

Any updates on the availability of the software?