PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody setup - I need a clue

sb3d
2006-09-15, 19:40
Hi,

I have a Rhapsody account. I started Rhaspody player and signed on, went in to Tools and turned on UPnP. I slao have the latest SlimServer 6.31 web UI but Rhapsody does not show up under Browse Music.

The wiki says: "Check the SlimServer web UI. In the Browse Music section, you should see "Rhapsody Media Server" (or the name you gave it in the Rhapsody settings). SlimServer should automatically detect all Rhapsody servers on a subnet; no restart is necessary." but I do not see anything in Rhapsody about assigning a name.

What's lacking here is a good overview of how all the pieces fit together.

Thanks,
Steve

pm314
2006-09-15, 19:58
Hi,

I have a Rhapsody account. I started Rhaspody player and signed on, went in to Tools and turned on UPnP. I slao have the latest SlimServer 6.31 web UI but Rhapsody does not show up under Browse Music.

The wiki says: "Check the SlimServer web UI. In the Browse Music section, you should see "Rhapsody Media Server" (or the name you gave it in the Rhapsody settings). SlimServer should automatically detect all Rhapsody servers on a subnet; no restart is necessary." but I do not see anything in Rhapsody about assigning a name.

What's lacking here is a good overview of how all the pieces fit together.

Thanks,
Steve

I've always had to restart slimserver to get it to recognize Rhapsody. I wish it were a little more seamless but it does not seem to work otherwise.

sb3d
2006-09-16, 05:45
Thanks but restarting doesn't seem to help. Anybody have a procedure for troubleshooting this?

raglencross
2006-09-17, 14:06
I also am a new user trying to get Rhapsody to work. One of my problems is identical to yours. I have found that I have to turn off Norton Firewall and restart Slimserver before I can get the Rhapsody server to appear in the browse list. You are aware that "restarting" slimserver requires turning it off and then on again from the system trey? I hope this works for you, but in my opinion this is too much of a procedure to claim that Rhapsody is integrated into Slimserver.

By the way, does anyone know what changes to Norton Firewall 2004 do I have to make to at least eliminate the step of turning it off?

sb3d
2006-09-17, 14:51
I'm not turning off the firewall to make the Rhapsody / Slim Devices hookup work. I did setup exceptions for a couple ports as described in the wiki.