PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with radios !?

damned006
2006-09-15, 10:12
Hi everybody,

I run slimserver 6.3.1 with SB3 and have always problems connecting to my favorites radios. Why, please tell me why, it sometimes - very rarely - works with no problem and few hours later it's impossible to connect. Most of the time i can get access to only 1 of my favourite, wheter it's from shoutcast or live365. For live365 i get most of the time "website error" and can't login.. but sometimes it works and i can't understand why.

So I tried itune to see if it was the radio server but no, it always works perfectly ! So is there recurent problems with the SB and should i plug a cable from my pc to my stereo and get rid of the box using itune only ??

Please help because my love for this little box - i'm starting to rip all my cd's collection and even plan to sell my expensive cd player - is more a hate thing at the moment.

Dougal
2006-09-15, 11:15
I save my radio stations as an individual "Playlist", this way is more reliable than using "Favorites".
Doug.

damned006
2006-09-15, 11:19
I save my radio stations as an individual "Playlist", this way is more reliable than using "Favorites".
Doug.

really ?? actually it's still pain in the a... with direct access but it's worth a try, thanks

smc2911
2006-09-15, 15:05
Better still, try the My Picks plugin for managing internet radio station. Link available here http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PluginsAudio.

damned006
2006-09-17, 04:59
today everything's working, for how long ??

I assume i'm not the only one having these problems. I'll try My Pick Plugins but the real problem is access to radios and not only with favorites.

I get so often the ERROR from live365 and of course it's impossible de log in and playing radios... Do you really think plugin can help here ?

Michaelwagner
2006-09-17, 07:08
Internet radio is still in it's infancy.

Some radio stations seem to be unable to maintain a steady signal.

Some seem to move to a new location or a new broadcasting method every month or so.

Keeping up is a significant task.

smc2911
2006-09-17, 15:44
I haven't had any Squeezebox-specific problems with stations accessed via MyPicks. Obviously if the stream is down I can't play it, but when that happens no other player on the pc will stream it either.