PDA

View Full Version : Official 6.5.0 Beta 2 - lost Player settings

cherise
2006-09-11, 06:03
OK - how do I change Player settings now? When I click on settings for a player in the web interface (Fishbone) I simply get the server settings in the LH pane. Has behaviour changed or is this a bug.

Cheers

Cherise

cherise
2006-09-11, 06:04
Looks like a skin thing - works ok in Default.

C.

Patrick Dixon
2006-09-11, 06:12
Yes I'm seeing this too. Looks like a bug introduced in the last day or so - I'm sure Kevin will be along to fix it soon.

mherger
2006-09-11, 06:17
> OK - how do I change Player settings now? When I click on settings for
> a player in the web interface (Fishbone) I simply get the server
> settings in the LH pane. Has behaviour changed or is this a bug.

Can't reproduce here. Please empty your browser's cache and cookies and
try again.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

cherise
2006-09-11, 06:28
CLearing cache made no difference and as for cookies - some of them have been with me a long time and I'm rather fond of them - any cookie in particular I should be deleting?

Thanks
C.

mherger
2006-09-11, 06:39
> CLearing cache made no difference and as for cookies - some of them have
> been with me a long time and I'm rather fond of them - any cookie in
> particular I should be deleting?

Anything slimserver related.

--

Michael

ModelCitizen
2006-09-11, 07:03
It's not a problem for me on XP.
I've just noticed the undock function. Super!
I am a bit worried by the "Sleeping in 14 minutes" countdown. SlimServer seems due to go to sleep in 6 minutes now. As I am listening to music I'd really rather it didn't. I'll have to figure out how to stop it I guess.

I am having a few other problems with Fishbone though... but a new thread for that I think.

MC

cherise
2006-09-11, 07:11
Hi Michael

Deleted any obvious Slimserver cookies (then had to remember who I was to post on Forum again...), cleared cache again, stopped and restarted Slimserver. Still no joy, still getting just the Server settings in LH pane.

I'm on WinXP SP2 - don't know how far back the problem goes as I haven't tried to access player setting for a while until today (3rd SB - worked like a dream, of course).

Cheers

C.

mherger
2006-09-11, 07:37
> Deleted any obvious Slimserver cookies (then had to remember who I was
> to post on Forum again...), cleared cache again, stopped and restarted
> Slimserver. Still no joy, still getting just the Server settings in LH
> pane.

Hmm... did you install the beta on top of an existing older version? If
you did so, please try a reinstall from scratch (after having backed up
the old one ;-)).

--

Michael

cherise
2006-09-11, 08:00
I've been keeping up to date on the 6.5 nightlies so installed over that. I'll try a fresh install once Scanner has stopped its two hour blast to add 8 new King Crimson tracks from MusicIP (I know - why KC - just don't understand it myself...)

Cheers

C.

kdf
2006-09-11, 08:24
On 11-Sep-06, at 6:12 AM, Patrick Dixon wrote:

>
> Yes I'm seeing this too. Looks like a bug introduced in the last day
> or
> so - I'm sure Kevin will be along to fix it soon.
>
nope. it is caching garbage, or upgrade garbage.
-k

cherise
2006-09-11, 08:47
Latest chapter - uninstalled and did fresh install - still getting same pesky behaviour. Any other suggestions? So far I've cleared browser cache and cookies, uninstalled and done new install.

If it's any help, under BASIC SETTINGS in the LH pane in Fishbone is the line 'player Settings/Basic Settings' and then the drop down box which only has server setting options. In the Default skin I can select player settings by player and then get a Basic Settings drop down box which appears to include player options as well as server options (eg file types, interface etc)

Thanks

C.

kdf
2006-09-11, 09:45
On 11-Sep-06, at 6:12 AM, Patrick Dixon wrote:

>[/color]
nope. it is caching garbage, or upgrade garbage.
-k

skip that. it seems something didn't make it into the actual beta. This is already fixed. I'll have to double check why it got lost going to the beta.

Patrick Dixon
2006-09-11, 12:41
skip that. it seems something didn't make it into the actual beta. This is already fixed. I'll have to double check why it got lost going to the beta.I'm on svn r9583

kdf
2006-09-11, 16:07
It's not a problem for me on XP.
I've just noticed the undock function. Super!

I'ts been there a while, but glad you like it.

I am a bit worried by the "Sleeping in 14 minutes" countdown. SlimServer seems due to go to sleep in 6 minutes now. As I am listening to music I'd really rather it didn't. I'll have to figure out how to stop it I guess.

just click the link again to step through all of the sleep time options. When it's back to just "sleep", then there is no timer
-k