PDA

View Full Version : trouble with SS and Softsqueeze

mintakaX
2006-09-07, 17:10
I should get my SB3 tommorrow, but now I am concerned. I have installed the SS and the SoftSqueeze. I have all of my music on an external Firewire drive and on itunes. My tracks are in either mp3 or apple lossless. I can use the softsqueeze to play the mp3s just fine, but when I try to play a track done with apple lossless, the track doesnt play, softsqueeze hangs, I get a failed delayed write notice from windows and my external drive dissapears from the system. This problem is repeatable. Any ideas ? Will this happen with the SB ?

mintakaX
2006-09-07, 20:45
So I told SS to look for my music in a folder that I use to backup itunes on an internal drive. It plays the apple lossless songs there just fine. Are there known issues with external drives and apple lossless tracks ? I sure would like to be able to use the external drive for my archiving.

mintakaX
2006-09-07, 22:21
I did one more experiment. I installed all of the EAC/AccurateRip/FLAC software and ripped a cd to .flac. These tracks played fine on the internal drive and also played fine on the external drive that had produced problems before. I then copied some apple lossless tracks into the same folder, rescanned and attempted to play one of the apple lossless tracks and the same thing happened, Softsqueeze hung , SS was stuck with the "loading" wheel spinning and then I lost the drive.

bpa
2006-09-07, 23:58
I have no experience with Apple lossless but some info would help people make suggestions.

1. What OS are you using ?
2. What version of Slimsever and SoftSqueeze ?
3. Post a debug log with d_source from just before you select a file to play - this usually gives info as to what slimserver is trying to do - you can attach the log as a zipped file if it is too big.

mintakaX
2006-09-08, 05:42
Thanks bpa-

1) Windows XP Pro--latest updates
2) SS_v6.3.1, SoftSqueeze 2.8
3)Can you elaborate on how I do this ? I am unfamiliar with d_source

Thanks,
Dan

Mark Lanctot
2006-09-08, 06:16
3)Can you elaborate on how I do this ? I am unfamiliar with d_source

Go to Settings - Server Settings - Debugging. Check the d_source box and press the Change button.

You can then see the log through the well-hidden "here" link - last word in the paragraph at the start.

Note this gets reset if you restart the server, so you'll have to do it again when you restart the server.

mintakaX
2006-09-08, 08:12
I'll try it when I get home tonight. Thanks !