PDA

View Full Version : Easy solution for weak WIFI signal

mschiff
2006-09-06, 09:42
I have a wireless SB3 in my bedroom, which is right next to my office where my wireless router resides. It has always gotten a great signal and worked flawlessly. It worked so well, I bought another one for my home theater room, which is on the other end of the house, and the signal was too weak to establish a reliable connection. Running a wire was out of the question as there is no attic over this room.

So I got one of these wifi signal boosters:

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=5783649

Just plug it in and connect it to the removeable antenna on your router (caution: if you have a Linksys, you'll need an adapter that does not ship with the unit), and it just works. I now have a strong signal in the HT, and am playing flac files with no problems at all.

-- Martin

jonheal
2006-09-06, 10:07
I have a wireless SB3 in my bedroom, which is right next to my office where my wireless router resides. It has always gotten a great signal and worked flawlessly. It worked so well, I bought another one for my home theater room, which is on the other end of the house, and the signal was too weak to establish a reliable connection. Running a wire was out of the question as there is no attic over this room.

So I got one of these wifi signal boosters:

http://www.pcconnection.com/ProductDetail?Sku=5783649

Just plug it in and connect it to the removeable antenna on your router (caution: if you have a Linksys, you'll need an adapter that does not ship with the unit), and it just works. I now have a strong signal in the HT, and am playing flac files with no problems at all.

-- Martin

Just remember to wear your aluminum foil underpants.

MrStan
2006-09-07, 01:25
I think I would prefer a full suit of armour. Just have to stay out of the rain.

Ross L
2006-09-07, 12:15
Interesting! I wonder how this would compare to upgrading to a MIMO router.

Mark Lanctot
2006-09-07, 12:23
...or boosting the transmit power on a Linksys WRT54G/GS with 3rd party firmware.