PDA

View Full Version : Mailing Lists - header fields

Paul Webster
2006-09-03, 14:59
Is there something different in the configuration of the Beta (and perhaps others) compared with Discussion and General?
Reason: I have subscribed to get the digest but the headers are different for Beta compared to Discuss and Developers ... which means that the mail client doesn't expand the digest into its consitutent parts.
The ones that it works for are marked as content-type multipart/mixed and the Beta list comes as text/plain.

Paul Webster
2006-09-06, 11:19
I've had a look in the Mailman documentation - and it looks like you have set the Beta list to default in a different way to the other lists - but not allowed users to override the default (at least not from the web interface ... I haven't checked to see if it can be done by email).

Anyway, if I have this right ... - can you change the Beta (and perhaps other mailing lists) to MIME format.
From the docs (for older version of Mailman)

"When receiving digests, which format is default.

Regular will cause Mailman to send plain text digests. When MIME is selected, the digest message will be sent as a multipart MIME message as appropriate for the content that the message contains. "

And - can you change my digest type while you are at it - to MIME?

Paul Webster
2006-09-06, 13:54
I managed to get back in to the mailing list configuration - and set MIME for my digest type - and also set it Global.
Still think that the default for the beta list is wrong (in that it is different to the others) - but I should be OK now (will know on next digest that gets sent out)

I'll stop talking to myself on this one now.

kdf
2006-09-06, 14:09
Quoting Paul Webster
<Paul.Webster.2dqdtn1157576101 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> I'll stop talking to myself on this one now.
>

please email support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com if you need something addressed.
Due to the nuisance factor presented by a small minority of posts
here, issues like this posted in the forum are not likely to get the
attention of the people you need to make this kind of change.
-kdf

kdf
2006-09-06, 14:29
Quoting Paul Webster
<Paul.Webster.2dqdtn1157576101 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> I'll stop talking to myself on this one now.

please email support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com if you need something
specifically addressed.
Due to the nuisance factor presented by a small minority of posts
here, issues like this posted in the forum are not likely to get the
attention of the people you need to make this kind of change.
-kdf

kevin
2006-09-06, 15:17
I managed to get back in to the mailing list configuration - and set MIME for my digest type - and also set it Global.
Still think that the default for the beta list is wrong (in that it is different to the others) - but I should be OK now (will know on next digest that gets sent out)

I'll stop talking to myself on this one now.

Fixed. What the, says I have to type at least 10 characters. heh.

Double plus fixed.

edit: actually fixed this for a few other lists as well (the ones that get the most traffic)