PDA

View Full Version : Slim Devices Picks Request (CBC Radio 1 Edmonton!)

Daryle Tilroe
2006-09-02, 22:59
So, I was quite pleased to see that CBC Radio has a whole genre section, Public Radio Canada. However there is a stream for basically every Radio 1 feed *except* Edmonton.

<rant> Cripes you even have Whitehorse, Yellowknife (which for some reason is called Mackenzie) Iqaluit, and Inuvik! Does anyone even have a Squeezebox up there? You know we are the 6th largest metro area in Canada (Edmonton, Calgary, & Ottawa are all pretty close in size) and we almost won the Stanley Cup last spring! How about a little respect. </rant>

;-)

If it's not too much trouble, adding the Edmonton stream would be great.

PS. I notice you are using akamai urls rather than the ones provided here: http://www.cbc.ca/listen/streams.html Any reason for this? I believe the akamai links are redirects when the load gets high.

Mark Lanctot
2006-09-03, 19:36
You can add any URL you like as a SqueezeNetwork favorite. Also it's easier to find as you don't have as many menus to navigate through.

andyg
2006-09-03, 21:07
Thanks for that very helpful page. I've updated and cleaned up our Canada menu in Picks. The only station I didn't see there that we had was Radio 1 in Mackenzie, NT. All the other stations are fixed.

Daryle Tilroe
2006-09-04, 10:38
You can add any URL you like as a SqueezeNetwork favorite. Also it's easier to find as you don't have as many menus to navigate through.

True, but I thought it would be good to fix it for everyone.

Daryle Tilroe
2006-09-04, 10:56
The only station I didn't see there that we had was Radio 1 in Mackenzie, NT.

As I mentioned I think this is actually the same as Yellowknife (or I suppose it could have been a duplicate of Inuvik) but it's hard to tell without listening for a while since I don't know the akamai mappings. It's probably a holdover of an old station list since the district of Mackenzie no longer exists. Of course Inuvik is on the Mackenzie river delta and Yellowknife is sort of at the other end on Great Slave Lake (well halfway across the lake from the river outlet anyhow).

NY2006
2006-09-06, 14:31
"I've updated and cleaned up our Canada menu in Picks. The only station I didn't see there that we had was Radio 1 in Mackenzie, NT. All the other stations are fixed."

Hi Andy,

As mentioned before RCI English still needs to be fixed...I believe you said this would be taken care of soon.

andyg
2006-09-06, 14:40
I've added RCI English and French to the Public Radio Canada menu, they are already in News & Talk.

NY2006
2006-09-06, 16:41
"I've added RCI English and French to the Public Radio Canada menu, they are already in News & Talk."

Hi Andy,

Yes RCI English works well from SlimServer but as you mentioned previously will not work yet from Squeezebox Network...Do you know when RCI English will be fixed in Squeezebox Network ?

andyg
2006-09-06, 16:42
Around Sep 18.

NY2006
2006-09-06, 16:48
"Around Sep 18."

Cool...i guess that will include other upgrades as well at that time, right ? Thanks.

andyg
2006-09-06, 16:52
On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:48 PM, NY2006 wrote:

>
> "Around Sep 18."
>
>
> Cool...i guess that will include other upgrades as well at that time,
> right ? Thanks.

Yes, many nice upgrades. :)

NY2006
2006-09-06, 16:59