PDA

View Full Version : LastFM & Sync

jdvmi
2006-09-02, 14:28
I did a search and looked around the forums, but I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere. Is it possible to sync multiple squeezeboxes to the same LastFM stream? When I try this now both boxes hang with a connecting message. Also, is it possible to use LastFM with softsqueeze. Thanks for the help.

~Jim

James
2006-09-02, 14:48
no & yes. nice and easy!

James

jdvmi
2006-09-02, 15:08
Thanks James. Is this a LastFM limitation or a LastFM plugin limitation? I'm guessing it's a LastFM limitation because it's my understanding that Internet radio can be sync'ed between players.

James
2006-09-03, 01:51
It's a LastFM limitation, only one stream open per user account.
If you open a new one on a 2nd player, the 1st is terminated.

But I would be surprised if one could sync internet radio across players?

James

sangiovanni
2007-12-03, 06:37
Re: internet radio and syncing. Lastfm doesn't work (as the threads here indicate: also doesn't work for me... plays one song then stops). But Pandora does work synced, without interruption...

ds2021
2007-12-03, 08:07
It's a LastFM limitation, only one stream open per user account.
If you open a new one on a 2nd player, the 1st is terminated.

But I would be surprised if one could sync internet radio across players?

James

I do routinely sync Live365 (logged in) and Shoutcast (no login) internet radio stations among multiple players. I am not sure that the one stream per account explanation holds, as it would seem that Slimserver/Squeezecenter receives the one stream and distributes that among the various players. I do not think that the individual players connect to the stream, other than when connected to SqueezeNetwork.

Until a recent Squeezecenter (7.0b) update, I had lost the ability to sync many Live365 stations. Recent versions of Squeezecenter fixed that; if the same problem affects Last.fm, then that may be a solution.