PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Remote - Possible Design

stevos
2006-08-30, 07:55
Not sure if there is something like this out there or not, but i would love a remote that showed a long list of album art and you could just choose the one you wanted to listen to, rather than having to choose it based on the name. This would be more like how you choose a album off your cd rack.

Is there anything out there like that?

JJZolx
2006-08-30, 08:03
Not sure if there is something like this out there or not, but i would love a remote that showed a long list of album art and you could just choose the one you wanted to listen to, rather than having to choose it based on the name. This would be more like how you choose a album off your cd rack.

Is there anything out there like that?
Laptop, tablet PC, Nokia 770, or PDA with SlimServer 6.5 showing a gallery view of albums.

You can see the covers of the CDs on your rack? I can only see the jewelbox spines.

stevos
2006-08-30, 08:10
Yeah i know i can't see the cover, but i can tell you what must of the albums are without reading it, just from its rough location and the colour of the sleeve. It much faster than having to read each label.

I will check out album view tonight. How do i enable it?

CouchPotatoe
2006-08-30, 08:21
Take a look at the experimental cover art selector in Moose too (PC
based application) .
You see your albums arranged as covers all in one window and
overlapping, rotated and even moving around ! Bit like throwing them all
on the floor at parties.

Kevin

stevos wrote:
> Yeah i know i can't see the cover, but i can tell you what must of the
> albums are without reading it, just from its rough location and the
> colour of the sleeve. It much faster than having to read each label.
>
> I will check out album view tonight. How do i enable it?
>
>
>

JJZolx
2006-08-30, 08:39
I will check out album view tonight. How do i enable it?
First, if you're not already running 6.5 you'll need to download and install it.

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html

In 6.5 the gallery view is available in any of the browse modes - browse by album, browse by artist, etc. In the Default skin there's an icon toward the top right of the page that lets you toggle between the gallery and list views. Browse by Album is probably what you're looking for if you want to browse similarly to how your CD rack is organized. You also have control over the sorting of your albums, so can sort them like you do on the rack.

stevos
2006-09-02, 12:49
Is there a setting to make it full screen, rather than slip screen?