unable to play wave files with sampling rate other 44.1 khz.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venumaj
    • Aug 2006

unable to play wave files with sampling rate other 44.1 khz.

Hi,

I am a newbie to the slimserver community. I have slim server running on one windows pc and softsqueeze running on another windows pc. I was able to 16 bit stereo 44.1 khz (sampling rate).

But was unable to play 16bit mono 44.1 khz, 16bit stereo/mono 11/22 khz (sampling rate). Is there some how I can play the music files with sampling rate other 44.1 khz ?

Please note I am using slimserver version 6.2.2. The music file I am trying to play is wave file.

But would curious to know if files of other format can be played too.

Thanks and regards
    Venu
    Last edited by venumaj; 2006-08-28, 10:20.
  • venumaj
    • Aug 2006

re : unable to play wave files with sampling rate other 44.1 khz

Hi,

I am not interested in 48 Khz.

I am unable to play 16 bit MONO WAV files with 44.1 khz , 22 khz, 11 khz sampling rates.

Please comment.

V
    Last edited by venumaj; 2006-08-28, 13:51. Reason: v

Comment

• TiredLegs
      • Jun 2006

Can you provide a little more info about the problem? Specifically, what does it mean when you say you're "unable to play" the files?

Does the Slimserver software look like it's playing them, but no sound comes out of Softsqueeze unit? Does Slimserver not even recognize the files? Or does Slimserver indicate some kind of error? Have you successfully played these files using other software on the same PC?

Comment

• venumaj
        • Aug 2006

Hi,

My comments are inline.

Tiredlegs > Can you provide a little more info about the
        Tiredlegs > problem? Specifically, what does it mean when you
        Tiredlegs > say you're "unable to play" the files?

Tiredlegs > Does the Slimserver software look like it's playing
        Tiredlegs > them, but no sound comes out of Softsqueeze unit?
        Tiredlegs > Does Slimserver not even recognize the files? Or
        Tiredlegs > does Slimserver indicate some kind of error? Have
        Tiredlegs > you successfully played these files using other
        Tiredlegs > software on the same PC?

Please note there was no problem on the slim server side. By no problem I mean there was no error reported.

I have been able these files using Windows Media Player sucessfully and I have no problems.

For 44 khz mono, I do not hear any sound out of softsqueeze unit. For 22 khz stereo/mono, the sound that came out of softsqueeze was as if you hear the sound in fast forward.

V
        Last edited by venumaj; 2006-08-29, 05:25.

Comment

• Patrick Dixon
          • Apr 2005

You should file a bug and attach the files that are giving you a problem.
          www.at-tunes.co.uk

Comment

• venumaj
            • Aug 2006

Hi ,

I ran few experiments,

I ran slimserver 6.3.1 and slimserver beta version 6.5.1. With 6.3.1 Slim Server and softsqueeze I was not able to play following .wav files.
            1. 44.1 khz 16 bit mono.
            2. 22/11 khz 16 bit mono/stereo.
            But with the slim server beta version 6.5.1, I was asked to upgrade the softsqueeze. I upgraded softsqueeze (version 2.8) to be compatible with 6.5.1. I was able to play 44.1 khz 16bit mono, 22/11 khz 16 bit mono/stereo. it is playing the really fast and it is not really audible i.e. as if it is fast forwarded.

Now I have one question, with squeeze box v3 all the above files are played and played properly. The version of slim server used for this experiment (i.e. play with squeeze box v3) is 6.2.2.

Why is softsqueeze not able to play those files whereas squeeze box v3 is able to able to play it ?

V
            Last edited by venumaj; 2006-08-29, 15:33.

Comment

Working...